Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
Post Reply
ohnjay
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Post by ohnjay » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:27 pm

I am currently staying at Brushgrove near Grafton NSW, using a Samsung GalaxyTab 4 for internet. Last night the service worked fine, but tonight I cannot get a data connection. Signal strength is good, data is enabled, SMS works, but cannot connect to internet. Would like to check APN setting, but cannot these find anywhere on site. Can you please advise what they should be.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2310
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:23 pm

ohnjay wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:27 pm
I am currently staying at Brushgrove near Grafton NSW, using a Samsung GalaxyTab 4 for internet. Last night the service worked fine, but tonight I cannot get a data connection. Signal strength is good, data is enabled, SMS works, but cannot connect to internet. Would like to check APN setting, but cannot these find anywhere on site. Can you please advise what they should be.
APN is different to your provisioned plan. You may PM me your service number or the customer id, and I will send you the correct details.

ohnjay
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Post by ohnjay » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:43 pm

I sent you my service number by PM on Wednesday, but have heard nothing since. Did you receive it OK?

User avatar
rasikak
Exetel Staff
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:34 pm
Location: North Sydney

Re: Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Post by rasikak » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:53 pm

ohnjay wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:43 pm
I sent you my service number by PM on Wednesday, but have heard nothing since. Did you receive it OK?
Thank you for contacting us.Seems like it has not reached the inbox, if you don't mind, please resend the PM with the customer ID or the service number.

ohnjay
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Post by ohnjay » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:57 pm

Just sent another PM. I see it and the one I sent Wednesday are still in my outbox.

User avatar
rasikak
Exetel Staff
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:34 pm
Location: North Sydney

Re: Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Post by rasikak » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:05 pm

ohnjay wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:57 pm
Just sent another PM. I see it and the one I sent Wednesday are still in my outbox.
Thank you for providing the requested details. We have sent an email to your nominated email with the requested information. #15553168

ohnjay
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Post by ohnjay » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:15 am

I have checked both email addresses (including junk boxes) that I have registered with you and your email is not in either.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2310
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:09 pm

ohnjay wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:15 am
I have checked both email addresses (including junk boxes) that I have registered with you and your email is not in either.
Can you check your gmail address, as I have re sent the email for you ?

ohnjay
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast

Re: Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Post by ohnjay » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:33 pm

I have received the second email, and added the APN you provided.
It is a mystery to me why the APN recorded in my device would have changed, however the new APN has restored the service.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2310
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Mobile broadband suddenly not working.

Post by KavindaS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:46 pm

ohnjay wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:33 pm
I have received the second email, and added the APN you provided.
It is a mystery to me why the APN recorded in my device would have changed, however the new APN has restored the service.
Not sure how the factory settings have changed. Good to hear the service working now :) .

Post Reply