Slow Home Wireless Broadband

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
Caleb77

Slow Home Wireless Broadband

Post by Caleb77 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi,
Been using Image Home Wireless Broadband service with Netcomm NL1901ACV modem for a little while now. Would expect to be getting around the 12 Mbs connection as advertised as I am in an Optus 4g Plus network area and the modem is placed high in a two storey house on top of a hill with the modem showing full service; however, the speeds I am receiving range from 1Mbs to 5Mbs with an average of around 2.

I am wondering if this might be a setup issue, service issue or similar and was wondering if someone could please help me troubleshoot?

Thanks
Steve

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Re: Slow Home Wireless Broadband

Post by nilushid » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Caleb77 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm
Hi,
Been using Image Home Wireless Broadband service with Netcomm NL1901ACV modem for a little while now. Would expect to be getting around the 12 Mbs connection as advertised as I am in an Optus 4g Plus network area and the modem is placed high in a two storey house on top of a hill with the modem showing full service; however, the speeds I am receiving range from 1Mbs to 5Mbs with an average of around 2.

I am wondering if this might be a setup issue, service issue or similar and was wondering if someone could please help me troubleshoot?

Thanks
Steve
Hi

Can you please PM us your customer ID or the service number to check on this. Or send us a Reference number given by Exetel.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Caleb77 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm
Hi,

Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve,

We have received the PM and thank you for providing the service details. Ticket reference number is 15864418

Based on the settings, please refer the following and check accordingly.

Light indicators int he modem,
Power - On
Internet - On
LTE - On
Signal - 3 Green Bars (In case if it is 2 or below bars locate the modem to different location such as by the window and if no improvement means there is chance service won't meet the specification. Slow speed or dropout may occur.)

In addition to the above, it is recommended to use the following advance settings.

Advanced Setup ---> Mobile Broadband ---> Edit ---> Change the following

Net Select : LTE
Dial Delay(in sec.) : 1 (Default value is 10)
Default WAN Connection Select : Mobile Broadband

Caleb77

Post by Caleb77 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Can confirm all green lights on modem and 3 lights indicating full signal. Have updated and checked settings as suggested however unfortunately after trying out for a couple of days no improvement speed wise.

Regards
Steve

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Caleb77 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 pm
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Can confirm all green lights on modem and 3 lights indicating full signal. Have updated and checked settings as suggested however unfortunately after trying out for a couple of days no improvement speed wise.

Regards
Steve
Hi Steve,

We are still investigating. We will further inform you on your nominated email address, under the ticket reference number 15864418.

Caleb77

Post by Caleb77 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:02 pm

Hi,
Any update on this issue?

Thanks
Steve

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:58 am

Caleb77 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:02 pm
Hi,
Any update on this issue?

Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve,

We have found a solution and we will send you the instructions via the ticket email.

GlenB

Post by GlenB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:40 pm

I have had service for little over a month and was working wellgetting 12 + mps , then a few days ago it dropped to 5 and less ... all other services I have a on the Optus network and are getting between 25- 48 mps in the same location. Moved modem did updates .. all lights are green. Getting frustrated :x

IsuruB
Exetel Staff

Post by IsuruB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:18 pm

GlenB wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:40 pm
I have had service for little over a month and was working wellgetting 12 + mps , then a few days ago it dropped to 5 and less ... all other services I have a on the Optus network and are getting between 25- 48 mps in the same location. Moved modem did updates .. all lights are green. Getting frustrated :x
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please share your service number/customer number via PM or email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au so that we may investigate.

GlenB

Post by GlenB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:26 pm

I have already emailed them.. they are going to check with modem supplier

Dushyanthan
Exetel Staff

Post by Dushyanthan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:26 pm

GlenB wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:26 pm
I have already emailed them.. they are going to check with modem supplier
Since you been advised that we are going to check with modem supplier, once we receive an update you will be notified as soon as possible. In the mean time you can PM us your customer ID or service number to check further form our end. Since no account information provided at this stage we are not in a position to check for updates.

GlenB

Post by GlenB » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:20 pm

I am still experiencing a problem with your service.The speeds are varying greatly. Your team are giving answers that don’t make sense .. the service was fine and regularly 12mbps until last week I have a full record of speed tests available.. it is now mainly below 5 mbps as low as 1.3 and we have good periods of 12 to 13 mbps . something has changed .. it is not effecting our 5 other Optus services only the one provided by Exetel.. this is not good enough get someone to call me

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:51 pm

GlenB wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:20 pm
I am still experiencing a problem with your service.The speeds are varying greatly. Your team are giving answers that don’t make sense .. the service was fine and regularly 12mbps until last week I have a full record of speed tests available.. it is now mainly below 5 mbps as low as 1.3 and we have good periods of 12 to 13 mbps . something has changed .. it is not effecting our 5 other Optus services only the one provided by Exetel.. this is not good enough get someone to call me
Can you reply here with the email ticket reference number provided by Exetel support department ?

GlenB

Post by GlenB » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:02 pm

#YZT-48345-987

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:05 pm

GlenB wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:02 pm
#YZT-48345-987
I have checked the ticket and made a special note to prioritize the escalation. We have re-escalated your reported issue to our wholesale supplier for further investigation.