ExeSMS application for Mobiles

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
vk3xem

Re: ExeSMS application for Mobiles

Post by vk3xem » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:21 pm

ColbyIT wrote:I am here! I didn't realise this discussion was taking place. I have only been monitoring the Whirlpool forum.
Great to see you here! :D
ColbyIT wrote:1. 160 character limit - I could add support for messages longer than 160 characters, however, I imagine others might be concerned by this as they could be accidentally sending multiple SMSes and being charged for it. The "Re-Edit" menu option after sending a SMS could be used if you wanted to continue your message to the same mobile number.
I would really like to see an option to extend the character limit, it can be very annoying to have 3 incoming messages when they could have in effect come in as one. May be have it as an option in the settings and by default it could be limited to 160 characters, if extended SMS option is selected a warning can be shown to confirm the option.
ColbyIT wrote:2. Turning off the failover feature - I'll consider it! The reason for this feature was to improve reliability. I found several times that a service provider can fail and this causes the user to retype and send a normal SMS via GSM. I wanted to make sure this doesn't happen as it is frustrating for the user. If you really want an option to turn this feature off, I guess I can provide it and only try the VOIP provider list as priority 1.
I agree, I like the failover option, but OPTIONS are very important to make any application popular.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

ColbyIT

Post by ColbyIT » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:11 pm

I have sent up a new thread for ColbySMS here...http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 99#p239901

Sleeper

Post by Sleeper » Sun May 03, 2009 5:47 pm

I need help settings this up its shitting me to tears and raising a support ticket told me to come here. a forum topic, not very good support..

anyway I have confirmed a PIN and sent the exeSMS app to my Nokia E71 but when I got to send a message it says user and pass wrong but they are the same as what I entered on the site. please advise.

oldman

Post by oldman » Mon May 04, 2009 6:43 am

Sleeper wrote:I need help settings this up its shitting me to tears and raising a support ticket told me to come here. a forum topic, not very good support..

anyway I have confirmed a PIN and sent the exeSMS app to my Nokia E71 but when I got to send a message it says user and pass wrong but they are the same as what I entered on the site. please advise.
Save yourself a lot of agro and use ColbySMS. It is far superior to ExeSMS IMHO, and it is still being actively developed.

GLOpro

Post by GLOpro » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi,

I have configured my API login and password with open IP, but the test comes back as failed.

Have i overlooked something?

wolfhunter2

Post by wolfhunter2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Hey i would personally like to thank the developer of this application, it works great.
I have tested it on the Nokia e63, and it works perfectly,
The only thing bad about this that i can say is that it asks for permission to use network and wlan like four times before it is happy.
Also when i wanted to send the address to my phone from exetel member facilities, it didn't send the message, which is weird. However i just went to sent sms in exetel and found the address.
Anyway thanks!!
:D :D

Llian

Post by Llian » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14 am

Anyone know of a similar app only for Windows Mobile 6/6.5? Namely the Xperia. Been trying the Exetel one and it freezes on sending. Just sits there.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Llian wrote:Anyone know of a similar app only for Windows Mobile 6/6.5? Namely the Xperia. Been trying the Exetel one and it freezes on sending. Just sits there.
Have a look at ColbySMS
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Llian

Post by Llian » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:38 pm

vk3xem wrote:
Llian wrote:Anyone know of a similar app only for Windows Mobile 6/6.5? Namely the Xperia. Been trying the Exetel one and it freezes on sending. Just sits there.
Have a look at ColbySMS
OK. Tried it. It works, but also throws up an error or two. One of them says'Exetel reports an error'. It still works however :)

NeoX

Post by NeoX » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm

gabe

Post by gabe » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:27 pm

Is development of the ExeSMS java app continuing? I just upgraded from a Nokia N80 to an E72 and now ExeSMS doesn't work for me on this device - when i send a message it just says "sending message" and freezes.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:35 am

Colby SMS is much better, it has more redundancy built into it.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

noogabooga

Post by noogabooga » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:05 pm

I havent tried ColbySMS yet but ExeSMS works on my HTC Hero (android 1.5/sense ui). Requested to send the ExeSMS app via email in the members page. Executed the jar file and it installed the app onto my SD Card. To launch ExeSMS, I first load the Java app on the Hero then browse to the app installed on the SD Card.

Seems to work at a basic level (including most of the options except 'sent messages' and 'minimise') but thats all the functionality I need. Was able to successfully send an sms even though I get the error message "Connection failure. Please check the connection" every time. It will also ask permision to access this and that on app start for security purposes but that's bearable. The Message box size is initially small but automatically expands as more text is entered.