ExeSMS application for Mobiles

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
peterh_oz

Re: ExeSMS application for Mobiles

Post by peterh_oz » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:43 pm

doggy wrote:No problem with Cs or any other characters when I use either of my Nokias and exeSMS or the PC version of exeSMS. So, it may be localised to your phone.

Regds,
Dave

The messages seemed to have the C in them, maybe its the online copy of the message which doesn't?

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Gidget wrote:
peterh_oz wrote:C is not being sent (ie SMS's are being sent as Merry hristmas, missing the C), according to the message archive when I chech in the user facilities online (sent via your java app, v0.95, Nokia 6120c).Cheers
I have had the same problem. I sent an SMS yesterday and it was apparently sent as "Merry hristmas" instead of "Merry Christmas" - I was sure I had spelt Christmas correctly, but when faced with the result I thought I must indeed have omitted the "C".

On an SMS today the same thing happened :? Then I read your post and decided I'm not going crazy after all :lol: By the way, neither of the 2 SMSs had any other "c"s (upper or lower case) in them. I checked back to an earlier SMS and found a lower-case "c" but no upper case ones, so I don't know if the problem has always been there or not.

Oh good - I'm not going mental! :lol:

cubic

Post by cubic » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:31 am

peterh_oz wrote:C is not being sent (ie SMS's are being sent as Merry hristmas, missing the C)
Confirmed here too (6121c). What a strange bug!
...the term 'Future Perfect' has been abandoned since it was discovered not to be - Douglas Adams

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:18 pm

cubic wrote:
peterh_oz wrote:C is not being sent (ie SMS's are being sent as Merry hristmas, missing the C)
Confirmed here too (6121c). What a strange bug!
Maybe its Conroy's child-filter already at work? Blocking F's & C's lol

tin

Post by tin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:15 pm

peterh_oz wrote:Maybe its Conroy's child-filter already at work? Blocking F's & C's lol
Ucking Onroy and his iltering ;-) :mrgreen:

As for the SMS app, I just tried it on my Windows Mobile 6 phone (under Esmertec Jbed build 20080428.2.1). I get the same death on sending issue others with WinMob get. Pity. The other app is pretty privative compared to this one.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

David_h
Exetel Staff

Post by David_h » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:59 pm

peterh_oz wrote:C is not being sent (ie SMS's are being sent as Merry hristmas, missing the C), according to the message archive when I chech in the user facilities online (sent via your java app, v0.95, Nokia 6120c).

Also, any chance the To field can be expanded to take more than 6 mobile numbers? Make it 500 Chars if possible, handy for Christmas & New Year type broadcasts.

Cheers
My deepest apologies that this affected your Christmas.

I've corrected this bug for next release, it was caused by a problem with the detection of the carriage return or newline character. You will find that all 'C' are this way at the moment, lower case 'c' isn't affected.
-David

closey

Post by closey » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:04 pm

I don't really like the new version of this app... the contact list is now unsorted for me on my Nokia N78, and the text in the list is too big (only see 4 contacts at once). It makes it virtually impossible to find the contact I want to send it to, so I'm not using the app any more. :/

Also, I'm getting like 5 x security warnings upon loading the app... I used to only get one or two before.

gmphoto

Post by gmphoto » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Great application!

Add Nokia 6110Nav to the compatible list.

PS REALLY looking forward to not having all the keypresses for each message...

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:28 pm

David_h wrote:My deepest apologies that this affected your Christmas.
My Christmas was fine. But my hristmas felt a little short this year :P

Seriously, its fine, no need to be all apologetic. Its a beta! Was just letting you know before you get to the 1.0 release.

Cheers and thanx for the app. Still got a few bugs, but its also still better than paying 25c per msg! Not sure if this has been asked before, but any plans to open-source it and make it so people can add their own SMS gateway to it (so Exetel users could add Exetel's gateway, etc)? Maybe the wider open source community (which I'm NOT a part of as I'm not a programmer) could help out with the development. Either that, or maybe you could also make an iPhone version & sell it on the iTunes App Store for Exetel iPhone users. (also not for me, but its some $ for Exetel - esp if its got an open gateway to be input, though that might mean it'll get blocked). Also a Gphone one ...

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:48 pm

peterh_oz wrote: My Christmas was fine. But my hristmas felt a little short this year :P
I bet all those people that sent Merry Xmas messages instead are laughing now :P
peterh_oz wrote: Either that, or maybe you could also make an iPhone version & sell it on the iTunes App Store for Exetel iPhone users. ..
Seriously would like to see that, I have the Pennytel app on my iPhone, quite a good app, a few bugs which are waiting for the update to be approved to sort but a really good innovative app with a lot of potential

doppledoer

Post by doppledoer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi, I just thought I would point out a potential problem. When putting settings in, the username is only allowed to be 12 characters. Is this deliberate? Of course it can be avoided by creating a new API with a smaller username, but still, i thought i'd point it out.

yauipop

Post by yauipop » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Awesome app! Using it on my Samsung i560 phone. Works great!

Many thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:00 pm

yauipop wrote:Awesome app! Using it on my Samsung i560 phone. Works great!

Many thanks
Good to hear.

jigsta

Post by jigsta » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:02 pm

Any chance of an Android app to send sms?

21st100

Post by 21st100 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:07 pm

jigsta wrote:Post by jigsta on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:02 pm
Yep, I second that :D,
Also whats the link for the online based SMS service, it was something like www.exetel.com.au/sendsms or something..

Cheers