MMS using a hspa sim with the M1 mobile plan.

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
tin

Re: MMS using a hspa sim with the M1 mobile plan.

Post by tin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:59 am

cubic wrote:Isn't this something Exetel could set up themselves (given enough demand)?
I would have thought some action from Optus would still be required to actually get the messages to Exetel... But I don't know how it works behind the scenes.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 pm

cubic wrote:Isn't this something Exetel could set up themselves (given enough demand)? Open source MMS servers exist, eg. mbuni. With an Exetel MMS server based on that, would it be as simple as clients adding a new access point for the new server, or am I missing something...?
Sounds like a great idea. I would much rather pay Exetel and they keep the money rather than pass it on.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

tin

Post by tin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:43 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:Optus got back and unfortunately MMS is still not included in the rate plan.
However, we have asked if this can be possible.
Was there a reply?
Are they able to at least make it receive only so we can get the stuff people send us?
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

tin

Post by tin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Are the wheels still turning on this issue, or did they fall off and run down an embankment? :mrgreen:

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Yes, what is happening. I am sick and tired of company's like Optarse bullshitting about services and deliberately blocking them, in this case a half arsed attempt too when a pop-up message on the phone asks you to connect and retrieve the message that allegedly does not even arrive at the Optus server.

Screw Optarse and set up an Exetel MMS service so we can send and receive MMS!
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Minotaur

Post by Minotaur » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Yeah it's been a long time and still no word on MMS... almost considering changing to one of the low-end Vodafone-based plans so I can get full functionality again. Given I don't use much data it's almost feasible

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Come Exetel, you provide an excellent service but Optarse are trying to limit this service by blocking MMS. Please sort this out, either get Optus to unblock this or set up your own MMS server.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

DD32

Post by DD32 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:38 pm

Whats most annoying about this, Is someone sent me a MMS... I'm on a HSPA M1 - HA plan right now...

So, Every 2 hours, My phone pops up "New Multimedia Message Available! Disconnect Data sessions to recieve?" ..Of course, It just sits there, and never recieves anything..

Pain in the bum.. Sending MMS's? Heck, I'll pay a premium if i need it.. We already pay a premium for Voice/SMS on this plan, I dont care if Optus wants to charge $1.50 for every MMS sent honestly, as i'll email stuff.. But recieving, Thats where I want MMS :)

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:17 am

DD32 wrote:Whats most annoying about this, Is someone sent me a MMS... I'm on a HSPA M1 - HA plan right now...

So, Every 2 hours, My phone pops up "New Multimedia Message Available! Disconnect Data sessions to recieve?" ..Of course, It just sits there, and never recieves anything..
I totally agree, it is obvious that Optarse are deliberately blocking MMS to us and it just bullshit telling Exetel that it doesn't work. I think Exetel should push them to simply turn it on or set their own MMS server up and screw Optus!

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

tin

Post by tin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:11 pm

A friend had a pair of MMSes turn up on the weekend - his phone went nuts, and it took both of us near an hour to find the damn dialog in WinMob to prevent it trying to download them.

Here's a question - if optus don't want us having MMS, can someone please ask them to disable MMS completely instead of leaving it half on? It's bloody annoying how it is now. I either want it on or off, not teasing me.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:31 pm

We have escalated the issue to Optus.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Thank you!

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Biscuits

Post by Biscuits » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:18 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:We have escalated the issue to Optus.
Thank you.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 pm

It turns out Optus did not inform us of a specific provisioning trigger for the MMS function. This should be rectified and available soon.
Apologies for the run-around.

tin

Post by tin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:21 pm

Which way is it looking to go? Off completely, receive only, or full support?