Minimum activity

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
mikesander

Minimum activity

Post by mikesander » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:48 pm

I have a HSPA modem on a $5/month plan. We have been using lately, but we also have ADSL2+ at home, and only need it when travelling.

I have no immediate travel plans. Will the service be cancelled if it doesn't get any use for a month or so?

Thanks
Mike

vk3xem

Re: Minimum activity

Post by vk3xem » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:07 pm

I am on the same HSPA deal, with ADSL and also the Mobile X plan for my phone.

I do not believe there is a problem if you do not use your HSPA, you are paying $5 every month for access so it wouldn't be in Exetel or Optus to cancel the contract.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Pav L
Exetel Staff

Post by Pav L » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Actually the service may be terminated if not used within 2 consecutive months.

Refer to "HSPA Order Agreement" on the online order form.
I understand that if there is no data usage within a TWO CONSECUTIVE CALENDER MONTHLY period, that Exetel may cancel the service within 30 working days after this period following email notification to the nominated address in the Secure User Facilities.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:16 pm

From the Order Form
I understand that if there is no data usage within a TWO CONSECUTIVE CALENDER MONTHLY period, that Exetel may cancel the service within 30 working days after this period following email notification to the nominated address in the Secure User Facilities.
I believe that this is a condition imposed by Optus. To avoid the possibility of cancellation, simply use your HSPA to log into your email, or browse to a webpage etc - just something simple - every month or two.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

mikesander

Post by mikesander » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:12 am

Thanks!

I read that clause when I signed up, but I couldn't find it again just now in the T's and C's.

I'll make sure I keep it active.

Mike

alithea

Post by alithea » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:59 pm

If it gets cancelled because of inactivity, what needs to be done to activate it again?

Do I need to sign up to a new plan or can I reactivAte my account?

MCCMikey

Post by MCCMikey » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:16 am

Not sure. I suspect they send you a new SIM card.

I'm pretty sure they SMS and Email you if they detect inactivity for a long time, so there's probably no need to set a calendar reminder in Outlook ;-)

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:27 am

alithea wrote:If it gets cancelled because of inactivity, what needs to be done to activate it again?

Do I need to sign up to a new plan or can I reactivAte my account?
The service would need to be reissued, as Optus would cancel the SIM on their network.

zencloud

Post by zencloud » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Can someone please confirm that the cancellation due to inactivity does not apply to post-paid plans? I can understand it applying to pre-paid plans but it is completely illogical for post-paid plans like the $5/month plan the OP mentioned. This could be better clarified on the order form by explicitly mentioning this fact.

HSPA Order Agreement
I cannot find any mention in the Prepaid or Postpaid HSPA Broadband Terms And Conditions of service cancellation due to inactivity.