yagi antennas

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
Larry242

yagi antennas

Post by Larry242 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Does anybody know when I'll be able to purchase the imported antennas from Exetel? I can't find anything in my user facilities. I have read that Exetel have received them though. I need to order two already.

reallysuperman

Re: yagi antennas

Post by reallysuperman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 pm

You might need to bring that up with the HSPA sales guys, email them on hspasales@exetel.com.au and they might be able to hook you up with what you need.

ahas

Post by ahas » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Larry242 wrote:Does anybody know when I'll be able to purchase the imported antennas from Exetel?
Try your local agent if they are participating in the regional TV project, which you can locate at http://www.countrybroadband.com.au/stockists.php

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:11 pm

I recently asked this question (Can we buy a Yagi antenna from Exetel?) via email to residentialsales@exetel.com.au. I received the following reply
"Thank you for your email,
Please note that at the moment this option is not available, However this will be made available soon via the Exetel online shop which in development."
I had not heard of the new Online Shop as such, but it would make sense to upgrade the separate sections of the website that allow us to order hardware, and which does not at this time include the Yagi antenna.

brumer

Post by brumer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:50 pm

The Yagi antenna is now available when you use the HSPA signup procedure.
I'm guessing that you MAY be able to just order it thru there?

Item | Name | Item | Price | Description | Quantity
| Yagi | Antenna | $95.00 | HSPA Reception Enhancer | 1 2 3 4 5

Be good to get a full description including pigtails etc?
I think I have an order soon so I might get one for testing.

[sorry my formatting didn't "stick" in the forum]

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:53 pm

brumer wrote:The Yagi antenna is now available when you use the HSPA signup procedure.
I'm guessing that you MAY be able to just order it thru there?
Actually I got two responses from my email to residentialsales@exetel.com.au
The first response was:
Dear Sir/Madam, Thankyou for your email.
Please note that while submitting an application, the option to purchase an antenna is also made available within the standard online application.
My response was that if I was a NEW customer ordering a NEW HSPA service then the advice would be helpful, but I am an existing HSPA customer, so my question is how do I go about buying one now. Then I received the reply:
Please note that at the moment this option is not available, However this will be made available soon via the Exetel online shop which in development.

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:09 pm

https://www.exetel.com.au/modemorder/index.php

Has them listed i presume the on-line store is now functioning!

zaxapod

Post by zaxapod » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Interesting that the store is up. But there really should be some details included - like how long the lead is on the antenna, what connector is on the lead, is the antenna for 900MHz or 2100MHz?

It would be a good idea to put the Huawei modems in the store too.

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:51 pm

zaxapod wrote:Interesting that the store is up. But there really should be some details included - like how long the lead is on the antenna, what connector is on the lead, is the antenna for 900MHz or 2100MHz?
Indeed, maybe its not 100% complete yet
zaxapod wrote: It would be a good idea to put the Huawei modems in the store too.
From the HSPA member facilities when you try to order a modem: "HSPA Modems are limited to one per service. If your HSPA modem is damaged and would like to order a new one please email"

Might have something to do with that.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:41 am

Interestingly the On-Line store is only available from the external website, not from User Facilities. (Edit. and it is only available from the Wireless Broadband page)
If it was internal, you could set up standard billing (credit card, account etc) details, standard delivery details, all under your secure login.

Yes it looks promising but still a way to go yet.

ozbrit

Post by ozbrit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:49 am

I see details for the Yagi are now available. I'm interested in getting one. I wonder if you need to buy a patch lead to fit this in the e169 modem and what decibel gain the aerial gives.

Product Description:

A HSPA reception enhancer.

* Includes 13m of cable

* Easy Installation

* Excellent reception

* 1yr Warranty

* Supports the 900mhz frequency

JakeK

Post by JakeK » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:47 pm

So supporting the 900mhz freq is an addition to 2100mhz?

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm

JakeK wrote:So supporting the 900mhz freq is an addition to 2100mhz?
No these aerials support only 900mhz

Conduit

Post by Conduit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:17 pm

"I see details for the Yagi are now available. I'm interested in getting one. I wonder if you need to buy a patch lead to fit this in the e169 modem and what decibel gain the aerial gives."

Patch lead yes , I believe mine came with the antenna ( supplied by local agent ) and the box states "average gain 12db"

In my location the agents laptop with e169 only gave 1-2 bars of reception , however with the yagi on a 6.5 metre pole ( which I fine tuned re. it's pointed direction ) now gives a solid 4-5 of reception.

Footnote -
I used one full length of 1" galvanised ultralight steel pipe as used in farm gates ( cost $25 ) and made my own brackets to mount onto a patio support ( 100mm x 100mm pine post ) by clamping brackets .
The bottom bracket has a 100mm riser of 3/4" waterpipe welded to a hinge , the pole sits over the riser unfixed , the top bracket has a 3" piece of 30mm n.b. ( nominal bore ) welded to it which the pole goes through , and in that short piece I drilled a hole and welded on a nut through which a bolt goes to lock the pole in position .

To drop the antenna I simply undo the top clamp and walk the pole down while it pivots on the hinge , not heavy and very little windage , no guy wires at all . To adjust direction , loosen one bolt and twist by hand .

If anybody is interested , I'll take photos and put them up on photobucket.

Larry242

Post by Larry242 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:27 pm

I was under the impression that these antennas were going to be dual band? I asked JL on his blog a few months ago if they were dual band and he said yes. Maybe someone could confirm this for us and whether the supplied cable will go straight into the antenna port on the 169 modems.
If they aren't it is useless to me as I'm in a 2100 zone but get awful reception because the signal is too high above my house.