WM - A plan.

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
herosade

WM - A plan.

Post by herosade » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:51 am

hi i want to port my old optus number, and what would i have to put on "mobile account number" on the porting section, iam currently on prepaid.
thank you

edit: is WM-A to WM-A plan free, otherwise exetel users get to talk to each other for free.

notoriousft

Re: WM - A plan.

Post by notoriousft » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:04 am

herosade wrote:hi i want to port my old optus number, and what would i have to put on "mobile account number" on the porting section, iam currently on prepaid.
thank you

edit: is WM-A to WM-A plan free, otherwise exetel users get to talk to each other for free.
Calls between Exetel VoIP are free, also
Apart from being able to use Exetel's ultra low VoIP rates from a mobile 3G phone you will be able to call other Exetel mobile users at no charge other than the cost of the bandwidth used to make the call – ideal for businesses or for families.(extracted from http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-call.php)
but note that calls made from to
Exetel HSPA Mobile ----------- Exetel VoIP
Exetel VoIP ----------------- Exetel HSPA Mobile , are not free

Regarding porting your number, you should find your account number from Optus if you want to port your number across. It`s not your mobile number it`s a different set of numbers.

herosade

Post by herosade » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:41 am

and what about mobile to mobile?

notoriousft

Post by notoriousft » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:49 pm

herosade wrote:and what about mobile to mobile?
I surfed their website about that too, couldnt find that particularly. On Mobile plans(via Vodafone network) they have some free Exetel to Exetel minutes, but they dont say anything about WM plans.

Edit: Asked an Exetel rep, he replied "no".
Edit 2: Also, sent a suggestion through member`s page to clarify that issue on their website.

Tim K

Post by Tim K » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:15 pm

herosade wrote:hi i want to port my old optus number, and what would i have to put on "mobile account number" on the porting section, iam currently on prepaid.
thank you

If you're porting a prepaid mobile number to one of our mobile plans, date of birth should be sufficient.