Exetel MoIP

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
datax1969

Re: Exetel MoIP

Post by datax1969 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:55 pm

With the hopefully temporary absence of the Exetel MOIP app for iOS4 is there a way to send SMS from my iphone without going to the exetel web page? That is, does anyone know of any other apps out there which might be able to achieve the same thing?

camh

Post by camh » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 am

If you guys need any beta testers for the android app, I'm happy to help. I'm a software dev and have an asterisk server. Phone is a nexus one with Froyo (2.2).

shermanf
Exetel Staff

Post by shermanf » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:20 am

The Exetel MoIP app for iPhone now supports the new iOS4 (not multi-tasking) due to the reasons below.

shermanf wrote:Unfortunately the MoiP app for iPhone will not be able to support multitasking due to iOS4 allowing multitasking ONLY on TCP for signaling and voice streams.

So for now the app for iPhone is being re-developed to be compatible for iOS4 & iOS3 & delete all calls/sms history logs.

------------------------
shermanf wrote:The MoIP app is not compatible with the iOS4. This will take some time to have the MoIP app redeveloped and the next update should include

- Support iOS4 & iOS3, app to support multi-tasking (e.g receive incoming calls with the MoIP app minimized)
- delete all calls/sms history logs

Annie

Re: Exetel MoIP E63

Post by Annie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Can anyone out there help me set up a Nokia E63 with the correct settings for moip

shermanf
Exetel Staff

Re: Exetel MoIP E63

Post by shermanf » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:06 am

Hi Annie,

Installation and set-up notes for the MoIP app has been attached below, if you do not have a VoIP account this can be ordered from the members facilities under ->VoIP then-> Order VoIP Service.

For installation:

* The ExeMoIP application will be emailed to the email account entered above.
* Copy all the application file(ExetelMoIP.sisx) in the same folder in your symbian nokia mobile (fp1 and above)
* Install the sisx file either using the pcsuite or manually clicking the sis file from file explorer of your mobile.
* Make sure, the tools-settings-applications-app.manager-software installation is set to All (and not Signed only)
* Install Exetel MoIP app on the PHONE MEMORY and NOT on the SD CARD on the phone

After installation, a default application icon with name "ExetelMoIP" is created under Applications/Installation folder of the mobile. Click on it to start the application.

* After installation, start the application by clicking on the ExetelMoIP Icon in you Application menu.
* It'll display the list of available network access points in your mobile. Please select Exetel HSPA internet connection which you want to use for the voip call.
* Note: The application will not start if the network access point selected doesn't have an internet connection
* Go to "Call Settings". In the User password, enter your Exetel VOIP username and Exetel VOIP password
* Click on save. You should get a "Register Success" Prompt on the screen. You will also see "Registered" status from main screen.
* On successful registration, you can make outgoing calls using call button
* Go to "SMS Settings". In the Username Password, enter you Exetel SMS API username and password. In the SIM Number, enter your SMS incoming mobile number.
* Click on save. You can use send SMS from Exetel network.

Exetel Mobile Menu Structure:

1. Call (Number)
* Options("Search contact", "Main menu")
* Call
2. SMS ("To", "Message")
* Options("Search contacts", "Send message")
* Back
3. History
* Options("Call", "SMS", "Delete")
* Back
4. Call settings
* Save
* Back
5. SMS settings
* Username
* Password
* SIM Number
6. Advanced settings
* Incoming calls("Ask to accept calls", "Reject incoming calls")
* Autostart("Start on phone start", "Stop on phone start")
7. Hide

Annie wrote:Can anyone out there help me set up a Nokia E63 with the correct settings for moip

Annie

Post by Annie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:42 am

I have those instructions Thank You.

The E63 is not hspda but it is on the list that it will use moip.
Seems my first problem is setting up the internet. So I can go online
When I click on the moip application which I have downloaded onto the phone it only gives me the following options to go online
1. Search for WLAN If I click on this it appears to hook into my netcomm NBWMax (voip) modem and I can make voip calls but of course that isnt any good once away from the modem
2.Optus MMS
3.Optus Streaming
4.Optus Zoo

I do not have any exetel choice

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 am

Annie wrote:I have those instructions Thank You.

The E63 is not hspda but it is on the list that it will use moip.
Seems my first problem is setting up the internet. So I can go online
When I click on the moip application which I have downloaded onto the phone it only gives me the following options to go online
1. Search for WLAN If I click on this it appears to hook into my netcomm NBWMax (voip) modem and I can make voip calls but of course that isnt any good once away from the modem
2.Optus MMS
3.Optus Streaming
4.Optus Zoo

I do not have any exetel choice
you need to configure the APN (access point settings) to exetel1

once you do this you will be able to use it over 3G, your user manual documents how to set this up, you can download the manual from Nokia's website if you don't have it handy

Annie

Post by Annie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:59 am

When I go into APN it says Reading content from sim card Connection restrictions inactive No access point names Press options to add new access point

I go into options and I have 2 choices

1. Activate restrictions and it comes up with a box to enter a PIN2 code which is?
Or

2. Enter manually and it comes up with a box the same and asks to enter PIN2 code

I also have the following list

Connection Name - which says connection but can add a new one if I wish
VPN policy - Must be defined
Internet Access point - must be defined
Proxy server address - None
Proxy port number - 8060

When I go out of that screen it says incomplete access point details

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:47 am

With an E71 - Should be similar or same with E63.

Menu --> Tools --> Settings --> Connection --> Access Points --> Options --> New Access Point --> Access point name --> input "exetel1" (without quotation marks) --> OK

Connection name --> Input a name for the connection such as "Exetel 3G" or "Internet" (without quotation marks) --> OK

Authentication --> Normal

That should be it. Select this Access Point whenever you require internet connection.

Annie

Post by Annie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Thanks for that I now have an exetel connection

I have tried making some calls

Seems to be ok on normal calls but if I call a did number it will either go through and sound glitchy so you cant understand what the person is saying
or I get a media not supported message

Could this be a frequency problem. I am getting a good Optus 3G signal though

Can you also tell me for the sms messages do I used the voip number for the username and the voip password for the sms password and the voip number for the sim number.

Thanks for your help much appreciated. Am getting there

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:14 pm

SMS messages
Via ADSL Member Facilites
Services --> SMS --> Click API accounts button in body

Via HSPA Member Facilities
SMS --> Send/Manage/View SMS --> Click API accounts button in body

In the body to the right of the menu:
Input an 'API Username' of your choice (this will be your ExeMoIP SMS Username)
Input an 'API Password' of your choice (this will be your ExeMoIP SMS Password)
Confirm 'API Password'
Leave the 'IP address' blank unless you want this restricted
Click 'Add API Access'.

You now should be able to input the username and password above into ExeMoIP and then proceed to SMS for next to nix
Note: 'SIM number' field in MoIP SMS settings is your 04######## number.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Annie wrote:Seems to be ok on normal calls but if I call a did number it will either go through and sound glitchy so you cant understand what the person is saying
or I get a media not supported message
Just a guess... Its possible that G729 codec is not supported at the receiver (VoIP) end which forces a G711a codec that is bandwidth hungry which E63 would struggle with?

Annie

Post by Annie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks for that seems like that is nearly everything except for the problem with calling did numbers etc Any idea on that one at all?

So are you saying there is nothing you can do about it. Means that you can not ring any did numbers at all? wont go at all to an exetel did but could get through with the clitches to an internode phone/did I can aring my own home did and is clear as a bell

Asked my friend on the internote home voip and re codec and could only find a PCMU reference

Doesnt seem to make sense you cannot ring an exetel home voip number except mine

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:00 pm

I merely have an unqualified understanding. Someone more qualified may have something more definite/accurate for you.

This is a good resource to explain how it works here: http://www.ozvoip.com/codecs.php

PCMU = G.711u

Annie

Post by Annie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Yes I have found that I can ring internode voip but yes they us G711 and I can ring my friend in sydney on their exetel did all ok with G729 but I cannot ring my friend in Adelaide who has her modem set up with G729 I get media not supported message but it is fine if I ring from my home landline voip number. My friend although I cant ring her she can ring my mobile did/voip no problem

It is also breaking up on pstn numbers is that a codec problem or a problem with the phone. It it is the phone and not enough speed then it should not be on your
exetel list of suitable phones.

JUst did an experiment on ring pstn numbers that it seems to be if I go outside in better site of the tower I get good pstn numbers.

It seems if a I initiate the call tend to get breaking up but if the call is initiated from a G729 voip caller then I dont get the break up. Is there anyway to check
that I am actually using G729 on my phone