Exetel MoIP

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
steve sydneyside

Re: Exetel MoIP

Post by steve sydneyside » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:17 pm

I have a Android 2.1 powered A50 nuvifone
I downloaded from the app market WebSmS and matching SMSdriod easy to use and setup
I also downloaded from the app market Bria Android edition viewtopic.php?f=58&t=30487&hilit=bria+setup&start=15 (AUS$8 ~uses Audio codecs G.711a/u,G.722, iLBC and GSM) after replacing my X-PRO softphone with the non supported free ware X-Lite 4
I use eXeSMS to send sms from my computer
Keep an eye on where your going and life will have more meaning - Don't become cynical..

rseydler

Post by rseydler » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:23 pm

WP7.5 version coming any time soon?

steve sydneyside

Post by steve sydneyside » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:11 am

rseydler wrote:WP7.5 version coming any time soon?
*Bris[norway]bane* release date 28th September got your order in yet *son*? http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/27/wind ... go-review/

Nb:- Updated stale link
Keep an eye on where your going and life will have more meaning - Don't become cynical..

fsm

Post by fsm » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:14 am

I'm a bit late to the party. I can't seem to find a link to the old S60 3rd Edition MoIP app. I see there is a link to Fring (which doesn't list my Nokia 6720 in the drop down but probably any S60 Rel. 3 phone will do) though. What's the difference between the two apps? Do they both support G.729? Does Fring traffic stay local? Does the old app still work? Unfortunately, the 6720 doesn't appear to have VoIP support where v = voice as far as I can tell, it only appears to have video sharing which is implemented using SIP!

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:42 am

That's one out of the ark! I don't even know if it's online anymore. I use Linphone, but it isn't compiled for S60. You may be interested in this summary of SIP applications - http://wiki.voip.ms/article/Softphones. Fring is listed there.

fsm

Post by fsm » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:50 am

Where do you get the idea there is a Symbian port of Linphone? Or are you suggesting I port it myself? I had no idea the Linphone had moved to platforms beyond Linux. The last time I used it, it wasn't even a complete softphone if I recall correctly: there was no keypad for dialing and all the contacts had to be entered into the address book with their SIP URI.

BTW, I only just moved up from the previous generation of technology! Here at Trailing Technologies Labs we rarely use something that has support or can't be found on a kerbside...

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:03 am

I said there isn't a port. I haven't seen any code from Nokia, so I imagine a DIY port would be extremely tricky. The Linphone interfaces have improved, Gtk, Android, Iphone, browser etc. Give it another run on your desktop just to try it.

fsm

Post by fsm » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:23 am

I have some concerns about using Fring, perhaps some one can comment:
From the Fring Partners FAQ:
How does the fring SIP client route VoIP traffic?
All fring client traffic is routed to the closest available fring server farm (fring has several farms around the world to ensure low latency and best QOS) and from there to your SIP ⁄ Residential VoIP server.
Do Fring have servers located in Australia now - preferably "near" Exetel?
Which codec does fring support?
fring currently supports the following codecs and uses them in the following priority:
GSM–06.10
iLBC–13k3
G.711–ALaw
G.711–uLaw
Can this priority be changed? My preference would be to use iLBC. Does Fring transcode or does Exetel support iLBC nowadays?

I have some vague recollection that it was an unsatisfactory answer to the first question led to the development of the original MOIP app...

fsm

Post by fsm » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:39 am

Dazzled wrote:I said there isn't a port.
No you said it wasn't compiled which suggested the me that only compilation was necessary.
Give it another run on your desktop just to try it.
I might do that just for old times sake, probably on Android though, but without free G.729 I'm unlikely to use it (with Exetel anyway!)