Exetel MoIP

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
Aaphid

Re: Exetel MoIP

Post by Aaphid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Gidget wrote:You can only request from HSPA User Facilties. Go to "VOIP" in the left-hand menu, then to "Exetel MOIP" in the sub-menu.

Gidget
Ah thanks for that.
I don't use Exetel HSPA.
Will this app be available to others in the future even if they're not an Exetel HSPA user?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Aaphid wrote:Will this app be available to others in the future even if they're not an Exetel HSPA user?
I don't know - I'll ask.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Aaphid

Post by Aaphid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Gidget wrote: I don't know - I'll ask.

Gidget
Maybe I should mention that I would like to use the app with an Exetel VOIP account and Exetel VOIP phone number. However I would use another providers HSPA service.

At the moment I'm sucessfully doing this with fring.

Look forward to the reply...

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Aaphid wrote:
Gidget wrote:You can only request from HSPA User Facilties. Go to "VOIP" in the left-hand menu, then to "Exetel MOIP" in the sub-menu.

Gidget
Ah thanks for that.
I don't use Exetel HSPA.
Will this app be available to others in the future even if they're not an Exetel HSPA user?
It is only available to Exetel users.

Aaphid

Post by Aaphid » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:33 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
It is only available to Exetel users.
OK I am an Exetel user but I take it you mean that it's only available to Exetel "HSPA" users.

Do you know if it will be offered to others in the future?

vbap

Post by vbap » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 pm

...Is there any way to play with DTMF tones? the application doesn't seem to allow me to enter the # symbol
Has this issue been fixed? I just tried recording my mailbox message,and would not accept the #. I am using an E71, connecting via wlan hotspot.
When I press #, the letter j is registered. All numbers (0-9) seem to register OK for DTMF.

vbap

Post by vbap » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:41 pm

I think it has been mentioned before, but also need a way to change the ring tone (and volume!) for incoming calls (or at the very least, respect when phone is in "silent" mode!)

I am in Europe at the moment and have been using MoIP to call home (also an exetel ADSL VoIP number), so I can't complain paying nothing for 25 minute calls from Europe (hotel and office have free wireless internet). MoIP is much simpler to set up than the native SIP client, but just needs a a few more refinements.

russo

Post by russo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:48 pm

What stage of testing is this program at? I placed a request via HSPA login to trial the program a couple of weeks ago but no reply from Raymond yet.
As a nokia user without a SIP client, I see the app as great. I have been using the Beta 1 version successfully but would like to use the updated features like address book.
Is Raymond on hols or something...?

rjedw

Post by rjedw » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:49 pm

cubic wrote:Similar results here (6121c). Installation and setup all went well, but then in the call screen, Options -> Search contact does nothing. Options -> Main menu does nothing. Entering a number does work - it calls out and the phone at the other end rings - but on pickup it's just silence at both ends.

I too have the Nokia 6120c and have experienced the same results. I hope Raymond and co. can continue to pursue the app because it is a good one. I have returned to the original beta version which has been pretty reliable.

Looking forward to the next version.

jezza01

Post by jezza01 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Gidget wrote:Using a Nokia N96, increasing and decreasing the call volume as described by thomashouseman and cubic work fine - the program does not crash/close.

This afternoon I was expecting a call and so had ExetelMOIP running. When the call didn't arrive, I checked the Nokia (which had gone to "sleep" - screen dark) and found that ExetelMOIP had quietly crashed/closed and I had also lost the internet connection - chicken and egg, I don't know what happened first. There was no warning beep or anything and so I hadn't noticed anything amiss. I restarted ExetelMOIP and the same thing happened a few minutes later. This issue might have been related to the location I was in - perhaps the connection dropped and as a result ExetlMOIP quietly closed. If so, a warning beep would be handy. (I'm now at home and have had ExetelMOIP running for about 15 minutes without a problem - both open and hidden.)

The third time I restarted ExetelMOIP the call came in and I answered it and communicated both ways without issue. Outgoing calls are fine. Occasionally, the outgoing call doesn't connect at all but a redial usually results in a successful call - again, I think this issue is related to where I am when I attempt to make the call.

Gidget
i notice you are using the N96 with Exetel MoIP, i have a question for you...
when your phone goes to sleep and when you receive an incoming sip call does your N96 crash?

jtdt

Post by jtdt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi,
Any timeline as to when we might see MoIP for iPhone 3g/3gs ?
jtdt

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:30 pm

jtdt wrote:Any timeline as to when we might see MoIP for iPhone 3g/3gs ?
Not much point seeing the iFlop does not have 900MHz HSPA!
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:39 pm

vk3xem wrote:
jtdt wrote:Any timeline as to when we might see MoIP for iPhone 3g/3gs ?
Not much point seeing the iFlop does not have 900MHz HSPA!
makes no difference as they only do VoIP over Wi-Fi, VoIP over 3G is restricted

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:49 pm

jezza01 wrote:
Gidget wrote:Using a Nokia N96, increasing and decreasing the call volume as described by thomashouseman and cubic work fine - the program does not crash/close.

This afternoon I was expecting a call and so had ExetelMOIP running. When the call didn't arrive, I checked the Nokia (which had gone to "sleep" - screen dark) and found that ExetelMOIP had quietly crashed/closed and I had also lost the internet connection - chicken and egg, I don't know what happened first. There was no warning beep or anything and so I hadn't noticed anything amiss. I restarted ExetelMOIP and the same thing happened a few minutes later. This issue might have been related to the location I was in - perhaps the connection dropped and as a result ExetlMOIP quietly closed. If so, a warning beep would be handy. (I'm now at home and have had ExetelMOIP running for about 15 minutes without a problem - both open and hidden.)

The third time I restarted ExetelMOIP the call came in and I answered it and communicated both ways without issue. Outgoing calls are fine. Occasionally, the outgoing call doesn't connect at all but a redial usually results in a successful call - again, I think this issue is related to where I am when I attempt to make the call.

Gidget
i notice you are using the N96 with Exetel MoIP, i have a question for you...
when your phone goes to sleep and when you receive an incoming sip call does your N96 crash?
Hi jezza01

Sorry, I don't know :oops: I usually close Exetel MOIP when I'm not using it, I'm happy for any incoming sip calls to go to my voicemail. I'll do some experiments tomorrow and let you know.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

jezza01

Post by jezza01 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Gidget wrote:I'll do some experiments tomorrow and let you know
cool, it'll be great if you could let me know your results. its important that the phone goes to sleep first before trying to make an incoming sip call.