Questions regarding WM A plan

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
Voyd

Questions regarding WM A plan

Post by Voyd » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:51 pm

I am looking at signing up for the WM A plan and porting my number over from Vodafone. However, there seems to be a bit of conflicting information between the 'Mobile Pricing - HSPA Plans' page and the order form that comes up when you click the 'Order' button. So I am after a bit of clarification and am posting here so that it might help others in the same situation.

The WM plans list pricing for 'Calls to Australian Land Line & mobile numbers' but the order page states:
The standard HSPA mobile sim allows you to receive calls and SMS on your 3G mobile handset using the standard mobile number provided with the sim.

If you want to make outbound calls you can either use VoIP or you can order a mobile telephone service from Exetel as part of this application.
Now, of course I will be trying out VoIP (which I believe you activate from an account control panel once the SIM is activated?), but is the above statement accurate? To be able to make regular calls and send SMS messages do I need to also sign up for something like the Mobile 1 plan? Or to go the other way, if it is not necessary to sign up for the Mobile 1 plan as well, is it even possible to sign up for both plans on the one SIM?

Also, if my needs should change down the track, is it easy enough to switch from the WM A plan to the WM B plan?

cubic

Re: Questions regarding WM A plan

Post by cubic » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:09 am

AFAIK the WM plans include outbound GSM phone service - that's what makes them different to the WI plans. It looks like the order form is just wrong here. If you're concerned about it email residentialsales and get confirmation in writing.
...the term 'Future Perfect' has been abandoned since it was discovered not to be - Douglas Adams

Shady

Re: Questions regarding WM A plan

Post by Shady » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

To avoid confusion, this text has been removed.