MMS Support

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
timb

MMS Support

Post by timb » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 am

Just seeing if there's any intention on enabling MMS support for the WM A/B plans. The FAQ only indicates I cannot send MMS's but didn't actually say I can't receive them. Unfortunately I don't have coverage on the Vodaphone network, otherwise I'd sign up to one of those plans.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: MMS Support

Post by jokiin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:07 am

timb wrote:Just seeing if there's any intention on enabling MMS support for the WM A/B plans. The FAQ only indicates I cannot send MMS's but didn't actually say I can't receive them. Unfortunately I don't have coverage on the Vodaphone network, otherwise I'd sign up to one of those plans.
MMS support was added ages ago, I take it the FAQ hasn't been updated then

timb

Post by timb » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:43 am

This is the link I'm going off: http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-faq.php

I don't seem to be able to send / receive MMS's, I was previously with Optus so I haven't changed any settings yet. Can someone please advise what the settings are?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:14 pm

timb wrote: Can someone please advise what the settings are?
APN - mms
Gateway: 61.88.190.10:8070
Server: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
WAP Version: 2.0

or you can go here and send the settings to your phone http://optusau.wdsglobal.com/mms

notoriousft

Post by notoriousft » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:11 pm

timb wrote:Just seeing if there's any intention on enabling MMS support for the WM A/B plans. The FAQ only indicates I cannot send MMS's but didn't actually say I can't receive them. Unfortunately I don't have coverage on the Vodaphone network, otherwise I'd sign up to one of those plans.
MMS was added in mid December, and Exetel do not charge for sending MMS, at least not me :) I went on the live chat twice and told this but none of the reps there were interested/available. I sent a couple in February, still not charged for those.

notoriousft

Post by notoriousft » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:44 pm

MMS are still not charged on WM plans. Please look into this...

tin

Post by tin » Tue May 04, 2010 11:17 am

notoriousft wrote:MMS are still not charged on WM plans. Please look into this...
You know what's funny - how the customers seem more concerned about this than the provider(s)...
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.