video calls

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
granny1

video calls

Post by granny1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi,
My setup is as follows;
HSPA using E169 with a Billion Wireless G Voip ADSL Router.
I was wondering if anyone else is using a similar setup and doing Video calls using Logiteh Vid, if so, how do you keer the connection solid.
Thank you
Regards Granny

JasonM

Re: video calls

Post by JasonM » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Are you holding a solid audio connection as well?
If so, you might wish to reduce the framerate or video quality, so that it doesn't require as much bandwidth for video.

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 pm

granny1 wrote: I was wondering if anyone else is using a similar setup and doing Video calls using Logiteh Vid, if so, how do you keer the connection solid.
Hi granny1 my Mum has been using Skype with HSPA and she has about 8 out of 10 success rate, sometimes the video goes a bit wobbly if it is peak time (ie a lot of mobile network congestion). Try moving the HSPA around and see if it helps get a better reception.
Mum gets better reception in the front room than the middle of the house. You could also try hooking the HSPA direct to your computer, just to rule out the router, or use a LAN connection to rule out the wireless side of your router.
Also as Jason suggests, I have reduced the image resolution (picture size) to lower the data needs.
RAND-NBN50- ZTE H268A

granny1

Post by granny1 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Mixer,
Sorry I didn't get back to thank you before but, I have been away.
I will try your suggestions this weekend.
Regards Granny