MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
ForumAdmin

MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 12, 2010 10:15 am

Apple have approved the Exetel MoIP app for the iPhone and it can now be ordered from the Apple Store.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by jokiin » Wed May 12, 2010 10:24 am

ForumAdmin wrote:Apple have approved the Exetel MoIP app for the iPhone and it can now be ordered from the Apple Store.
direct link to the app here http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/exetel-m ... 67723?mt=8

mycle

Post by mycle » Wed May 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Is there any way to have the 'From' number of an SMS set to the mobile number instead of the VOIP number? (note my mobile # is the only number I've registered for the SMS service)

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed May 12, 2010 7:12 pm

mycle wrote:Is there any way to have the 'From' number of an SMS set to the mobile number instead of the VOIP number? (note my mobile # is the only number I've registered for the SMS service)
have you tried the app or is that a preemptive question?

mycle

Post by mycle » Fri May 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Yep, tried the app, the number it was sent from came up as my VoIP number.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri May 14, 2010 5:58 pm

mycle wrote:Yep, tried the app, the number it was sent from came up as my VoIP number.
ok, that sounds like a setup or provisioning issue, check your account portal, if the details are correct there then best to open a support ticket

seamus5

Post by seamus5 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:16 am

I also have the issue where my calls/SMS come through via my VOIP number rather than my registered number in user facilities.

Is this a known/widespread issue or should I also lodge a support ticket?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sat May 15, 2010 12:52 pm

seamus5 wrote:I also have the issue where my calls/SMS come through via my VOIP number rather than my registered number in user facilities.

Is this a known/widespread issue or should I also lodge a support ticket?
I think best to open a support ticket, it looks as though something is broken server side, even when setting a default sending number it is still using the DID instead

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Sun May 16, 2010 12:44 pm

The application is using the VoIP DID as the sending number for all SMSes, and I'm sure this is set in the app - we need the option to set a mobile number in the settings.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sun May 16, 2010 1:06 pm

JamesR wrote:The application is using the VoIP DID as the sending number for all SMSes, and I'm sure this is set in the app - we need the option to set a mobile number in the settings.
there is no provision in the app to set the mobile number as the sending number like some other apps has so it must have to be a config server side to replace the DID with the mobile number which is broken at the moment

wing2033

Post by wing2033 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Exetel has advised that there is no masking feature on the VoIP number. That's the main reason to put me off using this. I was planning to share my home VoIP DID with my MoIP, but I wouldn't like business associates to call me at home. I will wait till they have this feature or try to find another app. Could someone who has tried the app and let me know if the sound quality is as good as the normal mobile?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sun May 16, 2010 5:21 pm

wing2033 wrote:Exetel has advised that there is no masking feature on the VoIP number.
Ok, wasn't aware of this, I guess it doesn't actually say anywhere that masking is available, I can understand masking not being available for calls but a bit counter productive to not have it available for SMS as people you send messages to wouldn't be able to reply, kind of goes against having the option to set the masking number in the user facilities also

are you certain that they understood it was SMS you wanted to mask and they weren't referring to masking phone calls?

if it isn't allowed I wonder if it has anything to do with Optus, I did see some mention previously about some issue with the app being delayed pending something to do with them

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Sun May 16, 2010 7:55 pm

As far as I can tell, the sending of the mobile number for an SMS instead of the VoIP number is not an issue with the Nokia version of MoIP - the mobile number is sent. It may therefore be a bug in the iPhone version that the developer needs to look at. I suggest that jokiin, perhaps, could email Raymond and raise the issue with him.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sun May 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Gidget wrote:As far as I can tell, the sending of the mobile number for an SMS instead of the VoIP number is not an issue with the Nokia version of MoIP - the mobile number is sent. It may therefore be a bug in the iPhone version that the developer needs to look at. I suggest that jokiin, perhaps, could email Raymond and raise the issue with him.

Gidget
yeah I'll check, I bought the app myself just to confirm and there is no setting within the app, as I said I can't see why it shouldn't work unless it was some restriction at the request of Optus, will say what Raymond knows about it and ask him to respond here

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Mon May 17, 2010 12:36 pm

I have the previously recommended 'V Phone - VoIP & SMS over 3G with G729' application installed on my iPhone and configured to use my Exetel VOIP account. Is there any reason to switch over to using the Exetel MoIP application? Would I see any better performance or are there more features available?

cheers,
Peter