MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
User avatar
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by jokiin » Mon May 17, 2010 1:51 pm

PeterC wrote:I have the previously recommended 'V Phone - VoIP & SMS over 3G with G729' application installed on my iPhone and configured to use my Exetel VOIP account. Is there any reason to switch over to using the Exetel MoIP application? Would I see any better performance or are there more features available?

cheers,
Peter
the vPhone app has more features

shermanf
Exetel Staff
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:51 am
Location: Sydney

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by shermanf » Mon May 24, 2010 11:59 am

JamesR wrote:The application is using the VoIP DID as the sending number for all SMSes, and I'm sure this is set in the app - we need the option to set a mobile number in the settings.
This issue only affects the iPhone version where a fix is being released to Apple as we speak to include the ability for the customer to enter a mobile number for the senders details and for the ExeMoIP app to support VOIP calling over Wi-Fi. There is no eta as Apple are in control of the approval process for the update but an estimate would be around 2-3 weeks. Once the update is approved existing MoIP users are notified of the update via the ->Updates section under the App Store.

JamesR
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 10:20 am

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by JamesR » Mon May 24, 2010 3:33 pm

shermanf wrote:
JamesR wrote:The application is using the VoIP DID as the sending number for all SMSes, and I'm sure this is set in the app - we need the option to set a mobile number in the settings.
This issue only affects the iPhone version where a fix is being released to Apple as we speak to include the ability for the customer to enter a mobile number for the senders details and for the ExeMoIP app to support VOIP calling over Wi-Fi. There is no eta as Apple are in control of the approval process for the update but an estimate would be around 2-3 weeks. Once the update is approved existing MoIP users are notified of the update via the ->Updates section under the App Store.
Thank you for the update sherman - glad to know a fix is on its way.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

wasabi
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 am
Location: SYDNEY

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by wasabi » Wed May 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi guys, i just realised exetel is providing all these features for my iphone.

yes one thing anoys me is how can i hide my voip number when sending sms from the iphone and how the hell do i clear the history on that app ????

User avatar
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by jokiin » Wed May 26, 2010 10:57 pm

wasabi wrote:Hi guys, i just realised exetel is providing all these features for my iphone.

yes one thing anoys me is how can i hide my voip number when sending sms from the iphone and how the hell do i clear the history on that app ????
not sure about clearing the history, there is an update coming for the sending number though, just pending Apple approval for release

wasabi
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 am
Location: SYDNEY

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by wasabi » Wed May 26, 2010 11:11 pm

jokiin wrote:
wasabi wrote:Hi guys, i just realised exetel is providing all these features for my iphone.

yes one thing anoys me is how can i hide my voip number when sending sms from the iphone and how the hell do i clear the history on that app ????
not sure about clearing the history, there is an update coming for the sending number though, just pending Apple approval for release
very nice...
yeh i hate the history thingy.

shermanf
Exetel Staff
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:51 am
Location: Sydney

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by shermanf » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:10 am

The update has been released and should show up on the Updates section of the App store , as for the ability to clear call/sms history that will be added to the list for future upgrades.
JamesR wrote:
shermanf wrote:
JamesR wrote:The application is using the VoIP DID as the sending number for all SMSes, and I'm sure this is set in the app - we need the option to set a mobile number in the settings.
This issue only affects the iPhone version where a fix is being released to Apple as we speak to include the ability for the customer to enter a mobile number for the senders details and for the ExeMoIP app to support VOIP calling over Wi-Fi. There is no eta as Apple are in control of the approval process for the update but an estimate would be around 2-3 weeks. Once the update is approved existing MoIP users are notified of the update via the ->Updates section under the App Store.
Thank you for the update sherman - glad to know a fix is on its way.

wasabi
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 am
Location: SYDNEY

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by wasabi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:18 am

very nice..

mediaatt
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 am

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by mediaatt » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:12 am

Is the MOIP app compatible with the IPAD ??

Rich

User avatar
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by jokiin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:45 am

mediaatt wrote:Is the MOIP app compatible with the IPAD ??

Rich
I don't think so going by a previous post from an iPad user

adriansmith
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:23 pm

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by adriansmith » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:48 am

jokiin wrote:
mediaatt wrote:Is the MOIP app compatible with the IPAD ??

Rich
I don't think so going by a previous post from an iPad user
That might have been me.

The recent update also fixed the issue with the iPad - seems to work OK now (at least in my limited testing

wing2033
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by wing2033 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:15 pm

This app is for Exetel clients only. There are so many SIP apps out there and most paid apps allow you to enter any SIP account. Shouldn't it be free or at least free trial for 30 days? If the sound quality is good, people will buy it and they are Exetel clients only. I am dubious about the sound quality of this app after paying for a couple of other VoIP apps and the sound quality is unpredictable.

LordS
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:56 pm
Location: Australia

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by LordS » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:32 am

I don't think the quality has anything to do with the app.
It's your phones reception and the level of congestion of the tower you're connected to.

wing2033
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by wing2033 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:34 am

I am using iPhone 3G. I have tried Acrobits Softphone and VPhone but the sound quality seem inconsistent. Sometimes I hear the other side crystal clear but they say 'we are on a bad line'. 30 day free trial just gives people a confidence of buying something they will use. People cannot use this app for other VoIP provider. If all the apps (with G729 codec) give the same sound quality, I don't really need the Exetel MoIP (although I have been very happy with Exetel's services). The other apps give me a choice to change the SIP account at least although they are more expensive. There are some free apps (like sipOne for JB iPhone) out there too.

adriansmith
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:23 pm

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by adriansmith » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:09 am

I don't this there is a way to offer a 30day free trial through the app.store?

Post Reply