MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
James
Exetel Staff

Re: MoIP Now Avaialble For Apple iPhones

Post by James » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:31 pm

wing2033 wrote:I am using iPhone 3G. I have tried Acrobits Softphone and VPhone but the sound quality seem inconsistent. Sometimes I hear the other side crystal clear but they say 'we are on a bad line'. 30 day free trial just gives people a confidence of buying something they will use. People cannot use this app for other VoIP provider. If all the apps (with G729 codec) give the same sound quality, I don't really need the Exetel MoIP (although I have been very happy with Exetel's services). The other apps give me a choice to change the SIP account at least although they are more expensive. There are some free apps (like sipOne for JB iPhone) out there too.
The voice quality of this app is perfect (assuming good 3G/WIFI coverage), why would we design an app that people could use with other VSPs?

wing2033

Post by wing2033 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:52 pm

JamesR wrote:
shermanf wrote:
JamesR wrote:The application is using the VoIP DID as the sending number for all SMSes, and I'm sure this is set in the app - we need the option to set a mobile number in the settings.
This issue only affects the iPhone version where a fix is being released to Apple as we speak to include the ability for the customer to enter a mobile number for the senders details and for the ExeMoIP app to support VOIP calling over Wi-Fi. There is no eta as Apple are in control of the approval process for the update but an estimate would be around 2-3 weeks. Once the update is approved existing MoIP users are notified of the update via the ->Updates section under the App Store.
Thank you for the update sherman - glad to know a fix is on its way.
Can any existing iPhone user let us know if Exetel MoIP can set to display the mobile number instead of the VoIP number as Caller ID when making VoIP calls and SMS? Exetel support just advised me that this masking feature option is no long available. I am confused. I thought the latest update has fixed that.

adriansmith

Post by adriansmith » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Just tested with 1.04.

Calls to my wifes' iPhone come up with the VOIP number.

SMS to my wife's iPhone come up under my name (which I assume means they are coming from my mobile number as the VOIP number is not in my contact card on her phone).

wing2033

Post by wing2033 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks for trying. Very disappointed if we the app cannot be configured to show the mobile number as the caller ID.

paulklerkx

Post by paulklerkx » Fri May 20, 2011 8:37 pm

I bought the exetel moip app for my ipad. My opinion is '' i got ripped off 249 cents"

Glitchy piece of *****

Sent a test sms to my own mobile 90 minutes ago, nothing received yet

Able to call a phone from my ipad , but can't hear anything at the other end and hear loud echo from the phone dialled. Echo is about 6 full volume repititions of everything i say at either end.

Tried calling both a landline and a mobile, same for both.

No connection via next g.

If this was a voip phone i would be sending it back.

Let me know if exetel decide to release a working version :(

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sat May 21, 2011 12:03 pm

paulklerkx wrote:I bought the exetel moip app for my ipad. My opinion is '' i got ripped off 249 cents"

Glitchy piece of *****

Sent a test sms to my own mobile 90 minutes ago, nothing received yet

Able to call a phone from my ipad , but can't hear anything at the other end and hear loud echo from the phone dialled. Echo is about 6 full volume repititions of everything i say at either end.

Tried calling both a landline and a mobile, same for both.

No connection via next g.

If this was a voip phone i would be sending it back.

Let me know if exetel decide to release a working version :(
I haven't used it on an iPad so can't comment on how it works there, if you have a problem with the app though you can use the 'report a problem' link that was sent with your purchase invoice from Apple and let them know it does not work as intended for you and they will refund the purchase price to your account, doesn't take much to get it sorted and your account gets credited within a few days after (in my experience at least)