How to not run "Mobile Partner" on Mac OSX?

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
Klaas

How to not run "Mobile Partner" on Mac OSX?

Post by Klaas » Fri May 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Now that I've got my shiny new E1762 up and running on my MacBook, I'm starting to get annoyed with the "Mobile Partner" Virtual CD that mounts every time I connect the E1762.

I'm comfortable with a network interface set up in Network Preferences that I can manually use to connect, and I don't mind having the application installed, if it's needed for drivers, I just don't want the virtual image to mount and autorun the application (or autorun the installer if the application is not installed).

I've found reference to an AT command that will disable the virtual CD, but I'm not sure what I need to specify to be able to telnet into the PCUI interface.

Any advice, clues, comments?

tin

Re: How to not run "Mobile Partner" on Mac OSX?

Post by tin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Not sure about Mac OSX, but in Linux you could do something like:
cat "AT^U2DIAG=256" > /dev/ttyUSB0

Mac OSX likely calls the device something different, but the same principal would apply.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Apple has a page for getting a terminal for AT commands for OS X at http://support.apple.com/kb/TA20625?viewlocale=en_US

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:55 am

Thanks for the pointers folks - I'd forgotten about this thread, and didn't update it when I found out what I needed to do (using the 'screen' command and correct name for device).