Interest in iPad Plans?

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G

Re: Interest in iPad Plans?

Postby Old Flame on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:26 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:A meat cleaver is all you need to convert a regular SIM to a "micro-SIM" - http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl ... 05/1840258

:wink: :)
Old Flame

Postby ExetelVoice on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Welcome constructive comments on this revised possible plan structure?

Plan...................Activation.......Monthly...............Included........Excess
Name....................................Access.................Data............per Mb

iPad1Gb.................$25.............$15................... 1 Gb............$0.025
iPad3GB.................$25.............$40................... 3 Gb........... $0.02
ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Postby Ravenous on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Plan...................Activation.......Monthly...............Included........Excess
Name....................................Access.................Data............per Mb
iPad Casual.............$25.............$5.....................250 Mb.........$0.05
iPad1Gb.................$25.............$15................... 1 Gb............$0.025
iPad3GB.................$25.............$30................... 3 Gb........... $0.02

I think the casual is a very good concept, don't drop it... just the excess charge of 10c/mb was very restrictive... 3gb is a bit high access cost IMO
Ravenous

Postby ExetelVoice on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks.

We couldn't do 3Gb at $30. maybe.....maybe $35.
ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Postby Ravenous on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:13 pm

$35 could work.

Rhetorical question... what will happen once other manufacturers join the microsim bandwagon?

P.S. web search revealed that the microsim would unlikely be embraced by the wider industry any time soon....
Ravenous

Postby ExetelVoice on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:57 am

what will happen once other manufacturers join the microsim bandwagon?

P.S. web search revealed that the microsim would unlikely be embraced by the wider industry any time soon....

I have no idea, nor why the need for a different SIM card size!
ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Postby chachacha on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 pm

i think at the $30 pricepoint its hard to compete, telstra offer 3GB for $30- and u get the next-g coverage

But they have some shortcomings, and i think its where u may be able to compete...

They only offer a 30day expiry, so its use it or lose it unless u recharge, you could perhaps have some sort of 'roll over' deal like optus so u can accumulate data

lower overage fees, or maybe no overage fees at all, but rather cap it to dialup speeds so nasty billshock

lower entry pricepoint - eg the $5 plan is a good idea

bare in mind also telstra restrict their plan to the ipad only so with a device like that (even thou it can consume lots of bandwidth) its unlikely to use the full allotment of a users data plan etc

have interval pricepoints too, like $5, $10, $15, $20, 25 30 etc
chachacha

Postby singlewind on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Jinster wrote:I am very interested. But my wireless data usage is irregular. Some months I use more, some months I don't use much at all, it all depends on whether I travel for work. So I wouldn't want a monthly plan that forfeits the unused data or requires ongoing top-up to roll-over data allowance.

I would prefer either:
1. Something like $0.02 per meg pay as you use
2. or a yearly plan like $100 for 10GB or $150 for 15GB, use whenever during the year.

Thumb up here! For monthly plan, people usually avoid over charge to keep monitor their usage carefully. So they may remain a lot at the end of the month. For yearly plan, it is good for cash flow of Exetel and convenience for customers as well.
singlewind

Postby adriansmith on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm really only interested in a pay-as-you-go plan like the others Exetel offers (ie $0-$5 month with 1.5-2c per MB usage).

These really are unique plans in the industry and all the people I talk to about them find them very attractive.

Why can't they be made available for microSIMs?

(If they are not then the meat cleaver looks good - just about to start practicing on some old virgin SIMS :)
adriansmith

Postby Ravenous on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:30 pm

http://www.cutmysim.com/ ^_^ instant millionaire! Australian dealer --> http://microsim.net.au
Ravenous

Postby mranderson808 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Is it possible to offer a service that combines an adsl service, hspa service (for iPhone) & ipad service?
A monthly allowance of say 100gb. Each service uses this quota. As the cost of providing an adsl service & wireless service is different, perhaps charge the wireless components at 2mb per 1mb used.

The usage of each of these services varies month to month & when 3 separate services are used, some have left overs & others are used in excess.

When using services such as dropbox between 3 devices the data adds up & often all devices aren't used evenly, depending on location & nature of work being done.
mranderson808

Postby James on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:46 pm

mranderson808 wrote:Is it possible to offer a service that combines an adsl service, hspa service (for iPhone) & ipad service?
A monthly allowance of say 100gb. Each service uses this quota. As the cost of providing an adsl service & wireless service is different, perhaps charge the wireless components at 2mb per 1mb used.

The usage of each of these services varies month to month & when 3 separate services are used, some have left overs & others are used in excess.

When using services such as dropbox between 3 devices the data adds up & often all devices aren't used evenly, depending on location & nature of work being done.

We couldn't provide a cmobined allowance as HSPA data is significantly more expensive than DSL data.
James
Exetel Staff

Postby oblong on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Why, apart from the physically different micro-SIM, do these plans need to be different from the existing HSPA plans (http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-pricing.php)?

Perhaps those plans simply need a "standard SIM"/"micro SIM" ordering option (for those not willing to chop a standard SIM)?
oblong

Postby ExetelVoice on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:59 am

Why, apart from the physically different micro-SIM, do these plans need to be different from the existing HSPA plans (http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-pricing.php)?

We are probably going that way now.
ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Postby Ravenous on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:24 pm

There is some chatter about Optus offering a convertable SIM/MicroSIM https://optus2in1order.com/ --> legitimacy of website is questionable but... is it worth looking into?
Ravenous

PreviousNext

Return to HSPA connections