Interest in iPad Plans?

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Interest in iPad Plans?

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Ravenous wrote:legitimacy of website is questionable
See http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 92288.html. The website seems to be legitimate. It was outsourced to another company (hence the domain name and no link backs to http://www.optus.com.au) but a major issue with it was that it the "Find me" button queried personal details and returned them to the user, hence constituted a privacy breach. They fixed it sometime mid yesterday to not return addresses, etc, just first name.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Newbey

Post by Newbey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:22 pm

What is the latest status on supply of Micro-SIMs for iPad?

I found a note in one of the forum threads dated 21st October that they were not yet available.

I tried emailing Residential Sales but no reply. Is availability imminent or should I go to another service provider. If the latter, is there any benefit is going to Optus and later changing back to Exetel?

Regards,

Newbey

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:41 am

What is the latest status on supply of Micro-SIMs for iPad?
MicroSIMs are available for Exetel via both providers Optus and Vodafone.
There will be a $20 replacement SIM charge.
You can email voice@exetel.com.au to request one - please state your mobile service number when doing so.

arzcrack

Post by arzcrack » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:03 pm

I have exetel ADSL only, but am interested in microsim data for ipad.

Are these available?

Where are prices listed and subscription process?

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:16 am

I have exetel ADSL only, but am interested in microsim data for ipad.
We have MicroSIMs on the Exetel (via Vodafone) service available. $20 for the cost of activation.

Unfortunately there is a supplier delay with MicroSIMs on the Exetel (via Optus) service.

Please email voice@exetel.com.au if the former is of interest. [mention this post]

fredbucket

Post by fredbucket » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:36 am

I was wondering whether these were still available. I emailed residential sales to ask but all I got back was a pointer to the mobile data plans. As a long term user of Exetel, I have ADSL2+ at home and am thinking of getting an iPad Air with cellular. As such, I need the sim card but not the modem.

Is there any chance of Exetel resuscitating these? I've checked the available sim-only plans from other suppliers and am not impressed with any :)

Regards
Fred

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am

Hi Fred,

You can use one of our mobile broadband plans on your ipad. We have both 3G and 4G plans available. You are able to place an order for the SIM only option as purchasing the modem is not mandatory. The service is under the Optus 3G/4G network.

Links provided below will direct you to the relevant plan details:

4G - http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hs ... 4GStandard
3G - http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hs ... p#standard

fredbucket

Post by fredbucket » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:37 am

Thank you, Bella.

I've checked the link you supplied, and can find no indication that I can order the sim card only. Also, if indeed I can do that, is the cost still the same? (Would be rather strange if it was...)

Regards
Fred

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:00 am

Hi Fred,

You will definitely have to sign up for one of the plans which will have a monthly minimum charge. For example: if you select the "Small" plan - for 5 GB of data there is a minimum monthly charge of $24.95 and once you exceed the 5GB limit you will be charged $0.02 per MB for excess data. However, you need not purchase a modem for the 3G plans. On the order form you can select "No modem required". We do not charge an activation fee for these plan so the SIM card will be shipped to you free of charge.

fredbucket

Post by fredbucket » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:14 am

Thank you, Bella, but I am interested in the 4G plans, not the 3G. As I said, on that 4G link there is no indication of a sim only option.

Regards
Fred

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:19 am

Hi Fred,

The 4G plan includes a free modem, however they are on a 12 months contract. Once again no activation charges. if the contract term is not an issue, you can still go ahead with a 4G plan.

fredbucket

Post by fredbucket » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Sorry Bella, but you've missed the point, I think. I'm after a 4G plan without the modem, and I would like to know whether it is possible for Exetel to supply one.

Regards
Fred

Mandy
Exetel Staff

Post by Mandy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:38 pm

fredbucket wrote:Sorry Bella, but you've missed the point, I think. I'm after a 4G plan without the modem, and I would like to know whether it is possible for Exetel to supply one.

Regards
Fred
Hi Fred,

The 4G plans do include a free modem, however we will need to check with the relevant department if we could provide the service with out the Modem.

Once we do get a confirmation, we will get back to you as soon as possible. However the 12 months contract would still apply with or without the Modem.

fredbucket

Post by fredbucket » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:33 am

Thank you, Mandy and Bella.

Regards
Fred

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:47 am

Hi Fred,

As per our wholesale contracts the modem order will be processed along with each order. However, once you receive it, you can choose not to use it :)