Tethering iPhone With Exetel

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
SpaceMonkey

Re: Tethering iPhone With Exetel

Post by SpaceMonkey » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:39 pm

I am on an "m" plan and using the YESINTERNET apn as specified on the link provided, and tethering is enabled in the user services (it was already enabled when I changed to the m plan specifically so I could tether). But I'm still getting the "contact Optus" message on the phone when I attempt to enable tethering. Please advise what steps I need to take to fix this.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:32 pm

SpaceMonkey wrote:I am on an "m" plan and using the YESINTERNET apn as specified on the link provided, and tethering is enabled in the user services (it was already enabled when I changed to the m plan specifically so I could tether). But I'm still getting the "contact Optus" message on the phone when I attempt to enable tethering. Please advise what steps I need to take to fix this.
A support engineer will shortly advise you on this.

udara
Exetel Staff

Post by udara » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:53 pm

SpaceMonkey wrote:I am on an "m" plan and using the YESINTERNET apn as specified on the link provided, and tethering is enabled in the user services (it was already enabled when I changed to the m plan specifically so I could tether). But I'm still getting the "contact Optus" message on the phone when I attempt to enable tethering. Please advise what steps I need to take to fix this.
It seems like there may be an issue with the activation of the tethering service :( . we have deactivated it and now reactivated the service manually . It should take about few hours for this to kick in :) .

At the moment on your members area it shows that tethering is disabled , how ever when the activation is complete it should show you that it is enabled.
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

SpaceMonkey

Post by SpaceMonkey » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:23 am

Thanks guys, all good now. Once you manually deactivated tethering I got the SMS notification that that had happened and I reactivated it online and it became properly active. I also had to remove all custom profiles but that's not a problem as the SIM seems to default to the correct APN.

EroshanJ
Exetel Staff

Post by EroshanJ » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:49 am

SpaceMonkey wrote:Thanks guys, all good now. Once you manually deactivated tethering I got the SMS notification that that had happened and I reactivated it online and it became properly active. I also had to remove all custom profiles but that's not a problem as the SIM seems to default to the correct APN.
Glad to hear that your service is working :D Thank you for your confirmation.

Let us know if you need further assistance from us.

Cheers :!: