How Fix VOIP faster speed under HSPA Mobile 3G connections

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
myo007

How Fix VOIP faster speed under HSPA Mobile 3G connections

Post by myo007 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 pm

The problem there is slow Internet data speed or noises can hear in conversations over 3G SIM due to slow speed if you are using VOIP calls with 3G HSPA SIM card even though normal browsing or download , youtube with HSPA mobile still on high speed broadband.

you may try with other mobile handsets or go near stations but you will see it still slow speed to VOIP call with HSPA Mobile SIMs.

It appear current function is not supporting for high speed data voice chat if you use VOIP client such as exetel provided software or Nimbuzz or something else, it may not due to phone problem or the location or network distance but it may had built for restricted speed or need right settings or may be something problem.

i request exetel that to get solution for how to fix to make smooth clear voice VOIP calls from HSPA mobile SIM.

It may show in warning in phone when you attempt to call that mobile VOIP connection doesn't provide high speed connection under 3G SIM.

If you use WIFI connections from either landline modems or HSPA modems you will see high speed data transfer , clear VOIP talk and data transfer rate are as fast enough as 3G connections such as Max 7.2Mbps so there is no the problem of client VOIP software or phone to cause slow speed only but problem only when use with direct mobile HSPA SIM.

internet browsing or high speed downloading with HSPA mobile? no drama but yes it has issue with VOIP talk slow speed only

CorporateVoIP

Re: How Fix VOIP faster speed under HSPA Mobile 3G connectio

Post by CorporateVoIP » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:42 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking for. Is it:
- a 3G signal strength meter within the Exetel MoIP app
- an assurance that VoIP will use as much available bandwidth as possible (the answer already is yes)
- some indication of the codec in use
- a faster 3G connection

freddyzdead

Post by freddyzdead » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:21 pm

@myo007:
It would help if you could tell us what handset you are trying to use VoIP on, and what VoIP client software you are running. I have an HTC Desire HD which is an Android handset and it is running CSipSimple which you can get from the Market. If you have a Windows or Symbian (Nokia) phone, then I can't really help too much. I've got a Nokia E63 which has a built-in VoIP client but I never tried it, I wouldn't dream of using it anymore since I've got my Android. It sounds like you need some of the configuration options that are available in CSipSimple; VoiP doesn't usually work right out of the box, it needs a lot of tweaking depending on the conditions you've got.

I get bad audio when I'm not in a good signal area, or sometimes I can't connect at all. I think this is a feature of the Optus network and there's not much I can do about it except move to a better spot.

slave1

Post by slave1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:32 pm

OP makes no sense. VOIP over 3G is only as reliable as the 3G signal wherever you are.