moip for mobile phone

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G

moip for mobile phone

Postby estam on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:26 am

Hi,
I know this is probably a no brainer....
I have an existing VOIP landline, ADSL broadband and Mobile Broadband.

I have just set up exetel MOIP application on my mobile phone using the landline VOIP. Really pleased that I got this far but from the call quality ( really poor) I think i need to purchase another VOIP number as well like HSPA voip? Can any one please advise me?

Thanks
estam

Re: moip for mobile phone

Postby jokiin on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:24 am

having another VoIP number or not won't change voice quality, most likely just a config error or similar, more details would be needed about what you've done so far though to be able to give you any worthwhile advice, need the make and model of handset, which VoIP client etc
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Postby thejeg on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:59 am

estam wrote:The call quality ( really poor) I think i need to purchase another VOIP number as well like HSPA voip? Can any one please advise me?

As per Jokiin's advice, its nothing about the VoIP number that you have.....

It's about the coverage, hence please make sure that you are in an area where you get good 3g reception.

MoIP is Pre-configured so there is nothing much you can do to configure/fine tune it again.
thejeg

Postby estam on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:23 pm

I have tried exetel moip in the city with similar poor results. Delay in conversation with pulsing and buzzing on the line. When I returned to my home in the country I can't get a line on the existing landline voip. That is the numer I used for exetel Moip.
It is engaged and my modem light blinks green. The modem user guide says it is establishin a PPPoE session. Don't know what that means.

Thankfully I can still access the internet and ask for your advice. Can any one can help me get my landline moip back working?
Thanks.
estam

Postby shoner on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:38 pm

estam wrote:I have tried exetel moip in the city with similar poor results. Delay in conversation with pulsing and buzzing on the line. When I returned to my home in the country I can't get a line on the existing landline voip. That is the numer I used for exetel Moip.
It is engaged and my modem light blinks green. The modem user guide says it is establishin a PPPoE session. Don't know what that means.

Thankfully I can still access the internet and ask for your advice. Can any one can help me get my landline moip back working?
Thanks.

You will have to de-register the Moip number from your mobile and register it with your modem. Let me know how it goes.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal
shoner
Forum Admin

Postby Surfn Chick on Sun May 06, 2012 8:43 pm

I am unable to make mobile calls from my MOIP app. Getting a message "normal call clearing"

I have installed the MOIP app and it is showing as "registered"

I have a Nokia E63

My service is showing as 3G and I have full service.

I have a mobile plan Z8

I have the software installation set to "all"
The app is on my phone memory not the memory card.

When selecting the access point I don't have Exetel HSPA

I have made a landline call via the internet access point.

One thing I noticed was the file extension received through email was .sis ..... should that be sisx?

Am I able to uninstall the app and reinstall. Should I try that or is there something else the forum could suggest?

Also, please advise what is the Exetel SMS API username and password for SMS config for MOIP?
Surfn Chick

Postby lasithah on Mon May 07, 2012 12:28 am

Surfn Chick wrote:I am unable to make mobile calls from my MOIP app. Getting a message "normal call clearing"

I have installed the MOIP app and it is showing as "registered"

I have a Nokia E63

My service is showing as 3G and I have full service.

I have a mobile plan Z8

I have the software installation set to "all"
The app is on my phone memory not the memory card.

When selecting the access point I don't have Exetel HSPA

I have made a landline call via the internet access point.

One thing I noticed was the file extension received through email was .sis ..... should that be sisx?

Am I able to uninstall the app and reinstall. Should I try that or is there something else the forum could suggest?

Also, please advise what is the Exetel SMS API username and password for SMS config for MOIP?

Hi Surfn Chick,

Try uninstalling and re-installing the application and also make sure you are using the VoIP service in only one single Device at a time. Otherwise there will be issues with the calls

To get a SMS API account you have to sign-up from the members facility so that you can create a API user name and password.

:)
lasithah
Exetel Staff

Postby Surfn Chick on Mon May 07, 2012 10:19 pm

I have uninstalled & re-installed.

Still unable connect to mobile calls.

And the "Exetel HSPA internet connection" still doesn't show for the access point. Should it be showing or can I just select Internet for the access point?

The call appears to be connecting but there is no dial tone. Interestingly, I am being charged for calls that I am not connecting to.

Could it maybe have something to do with the fp0, fp1 as mentioned below? As I am not really sure what that means. I did copy the app to the installed files in the File Manager.

Copy all the application file(ExetelMoIP.sisx) in the same folder in your symbian nokia mobile (fp0, fp1 and above

So I am completely clear on the instructions:

I have downloaded the app to only one mobile phone.

Is there any other settings that need to be changed in my mobile phone?

One last thing, The app that I received as an email has a white icon & yet on my phone the app has a red icon. The icon for the MOIP is showing as "Exetel MOIP".
Surfn Chick

Postby stevecJ on Tue May 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Surfn Chick wrote:I have uninstalled & re-installed.

Still unable connect to mobile calls.

And the "Exetel HSPA internet connection" still doesn't show for the access point. Should it be showing or can I just select Internet for the access point?

The call appears to be connecting but there is no dial tone. Interestingly, I am being charged for calls that I am not connecting to.

Could it maybe have something to do with the fp0, fp1 as mentioned below? As I am not really sure what that means. I did copy the app to the installed files in the File Manager.

Copy all the application file(ExetelMoIP.sisx) in the same folder in your symbian nokia mobile (fp0, fp1 and above

So I am completely clear on the instructions:

I have downloaded the app to only one mobile phone.

Is there any other settings that need to be changed in my mobile phone?

One last thing, The app that I received as an email has a white icon & yet on my phone the app has a red icon. The icon for the MOIP is showing as "Exetel MOIP".

Hi,

As per the telephone discussion we had, the moip application is no longer available/supported by Exetel.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================
stevecJ
Forum Admin

Postby kirkc on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi,

As per the telephone discussion we had, the moip application is no longer available/supported by Exetel.

Ummmmm....would be grateful of more information about that.

Today I clicked on a link on this page viewtopic.php?f=308&t=36214 and then paid for and installed the app. SMS seems to work OK but so far calls are hit and miss. I have full Telstra 3G signal and call to landline was poor but bearable, several attempts at clling an exetel VOIP numbr resulted in silence at my end but the other party able to hear me.

How could I buy an Exetel app if it is not supported? What does not supported mean...should it still work OK?

Are there alternatives for iphone that will support SMS and VOIP? My phone is a jailbroken Iphone 4S. Siphone does not suit current IOS and doesn't do SMS anyway.

Thanks in advance...
kirkc

Postby Dazzled on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:24 pm

kirkc, Linphone is a VoIP softphone that works well on my Linux computers. There is also an iPhone version available (along with Android, Mac, Windows). I haven't tried it on iPhone, not having one. It won't cost anything to try. It's an open source app; the source code is available. It doesn't do SMS.

Jokiin on this forum recommends Acrobits for the iPhone.

Because of steep royalties, free phones don't use the G.729 codec. G.711 is the no-charge alternative.
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Postby kirkc on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 pm

THANKYOU
kirkc

Return to HSPA connections