Tethering rates on WBP plan

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G

Re: Tethering rates on WBP plan

Postby KavindaS on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:48 pm

maestro wrote:
KavindaS wrote:Kindly PM me your mobile service number. I need to first check if the tethering APN is enabled or not.

I PM'ed the number to you last week. Has there been any progress on this?

Thank you

This has been already escalated with our provisioning department. It appears to be tethering is not provisioned correctly with your service. Our provisioning department will look in to this and advise. Ref no 9278572.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby maestro on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:18 am

KavindaS wrote:This has been already escalated with our provisioning department. It appears to be tethering is not provisioned correctly with your service. Our provisioning department will look in to this and advise. Ref no 9278572.

OK, Thank you.

This ticket isn't showing up in the helpdesk website when I log in. How do I track how it is progressing?

Thanks.
maestro

Postby angelos on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:23 am

maestro wrote:This ticket isn't showing up in the helpdesk website when I log in. How do I track how it is progressing?

Since this was a ticket that was opened manually, you are unable to track it. We will provide you an update when we have one.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby angelos on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:14 am

This should be resolved now. Please have this checked and let us know if you continue to face the issue.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby maestro on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:24 am

angelos wrote:This should be resolved now. Please have this checked and let us know if you continue to face the issue.

I still have the problem. I can browse the internet using the phone, but when I set up the hotspot to tether, the laptop gets nothing.

Whe I try to use the internet, the green up "outgoing traffic" arrow on the phone comes up, but the orange "incoming traffic" arrow never comes up, so I suspect that the data is being sent out, but nothing is coming back.
maestro

Postby angelos on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:09 am

maestro wrote:I still have the problem. I can browse the internet using the phone, but when I set up the hotspot to tether, the laptop gets nothing.

Whe I try to use the internet, the green up "outgoing traffic" arrow on the phone comes up, but the orange "incoming traffic" arrow never comes up, so I suspect that the data is being sent out, but nothing is coming back.

The service appears to be provisioned correctly now which is what we did by escalating it to our Provisioning team.

Have you been able to use this mobile to tether before?

Edit : As a suggestion you could try this sim on a different handset or if you have many APNs set, you could try removing all the unnecessary ones.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby maestro on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:28 pm

angelos wrote:The service appears to be provisioned correctly now which is what we did by escalating it to our Provisioning team.

Have you been able to use this mobile to tether before?

Edit : As a suggestion you could try this sim on a different handset or if you have many APNs set, you could try removing all the unnecessary ones.

I have never been able to tether with this mobile, but you said that there was a provisioning issue so of course it would never have worked.

We currently only have access to one Android handset, it's a Samsung Galaxy 5 (i5503) running Android 2.2.1, but it has support for tethering via USB or via a WiFi hotspot so it should work.

There is only one APN set, that is "INTERNET". Is this correct?
maestro

Postby angelos on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:35 pm

maestro wrote:There is only one APN set, that is "INTERNET". Is this correct?

Yes this is correct. Can you try the sim card on another handset as well for testing purposes?
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby maestro on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:49 pm

angelos wrote:Yes this is correct. Can you try the sim card on another handset as well for testing purposes?

I have now managed to borrow another phone to test on, but the SIM card doesn't fit. The SIM is a mini SIM, but the borrowed phone needs a micro SIM.

Since this is for testing purposes, we need to be able to put the SIM back in the normal phone, so we can't cut it up (is this even advisable?)

How do you suggest I test this? Is it possible to borrow another SIM for this account so that we can test it?
maestro

Postby KavindaS on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:32 am

angelos wrote:Yes this is correct. Can you try the sim card on another handset as well for testing purposes?

maestro wrote:I have now managed to borrow another phone to test on, but the SIM card doesn't fit. The SIM is a mini SIM, but the borrowed phone needs a micro SIM.

Since this is for testing purposes, we need to be able to put the SIM back in the normal phone, so we can't cut it up (is this even advisable?)

Unfortunately that is not advisable. :(

maestro wrote:How do you suggest I test this? Is it possible to borrow another SIM for this account so that we can test it?

Arranging a replacement sim is going to be involve with a cost. Isn't there any chance of borrowing an unlock phone from a friend which supports your current sim?
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to HSPA connections