No 3g on ipad after ios 5 update

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G

No 3g on ipad after ios 5 update

Postby pssturges on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi,

I have had my ipad 1 on the WI E plan for over a year without a problem. Over the weekend I updated it to ios 5 and all seemed to be well until today when I tried to use 3g to access internet. I had previously only used it at home via wifi. I get the following error pop up when I try to access internet: "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service" I am in an excellent coverage area and the network status shows at least 4 bars and has "Yes Optus 3G".

The APN settings are showing "CONNECTME" which I'm sure is different to what it used to be, but I don't recall what it was previously. I've had a bit of a look around the exetel website, but can't quite work out what the APN should be.

I've also done a bit of googleing and it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue with ios 5.

BTW, I also updated my iphone 4 which is on a z plan and had no issues.

Thanks
Phil
pssturges

Re: No 3g on ipad after ios 5 update

Postby Amila Fernando on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:27 pm

pssturges wrote:Hi,

I have had my ipad 1 on the WI E plan for over a year without a problem. Over the weekend I updated it to ios 5 and all seemed to be well until today when I tried to use 3g to access internet. I had previously only used it at home via wifi. I get the following error pop up when I try to access internet: "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service" I am in an excellent coverage area and the network status shows at least 4 bars and has "Yes Optus 3G".

The APN settings are showing "CONNECTME" which I'm sure is different to what it used to be, but I don't recall what it was previously. I've had a bit of a look around the exetel website, but can't quite work out what the APN should be.

I've also done a bit of googleing and it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue with ios 5.

Thanks
Phil

Could you please PM me your service number, so I can have a look at this or you may open a ticket by using the link in my signature.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================
Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Postby pssturges on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:17 am

PM sent. Thanks.
pssturges

Postby James on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:27 am

pssturges wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Phil

Change the APN to exetel1 that will fix it.
James
Exetel Staff

Postby pssturges on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:09 am

That fixed it.Thanks!

I do recall now that's what it used be. I don't know why it would have changed!
Phil
pssturges

Postby KavindaS on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:18 am

pssturges wrote:That fixed it.Thanks!

I do recall now that's what it used be. I don't know why it would have changed!
Phil

Awesome :mrgreen: , Glad to hear all working back now. Settings might have reset for some reason.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby jokiin on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:56 am

pssturges wrote:. I don't know why it would have changed!
Phil

the setting is dependent on which SIM card you have in, it would have reset to the default for an Optus SIM in an iPad when you did the update, nothing you've done wrong at all, just the way they work
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Postby pssturges on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:43 am

Happened again after upgrade to 5.1
pssturges

Postby shoner on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:56 am

pssturges wrote:Happened again after upgrade to 5.1

Have you tried exetel1 as the APN :?:
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal
shoner
Forum Admin

Postby pssturges on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Yep, and all good now. Just posted here so that the thread would get bumped and others having this problem would find it quickly.
pssturges

Return to HSPA connections