HSPA Modems

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G

HSPA Modems

Postby ReservedWolf on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm

A friend of mine has recently been cut off by Vodafail/3 for no apparent reason and has a '3' branded HSPA Broadband modem from Huawei (not sure of model number). My question is would that modem be usable with an Exetel HSPA Broadband service SIM via Optus or would a Huawei modem from Exetel be required for a new HSPA Mobile Broadband connection?
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.
ReservedWolf

Re: HSPA Modems

Postby stevecJ on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:35 pm

ReservedWolf wrote:A friend of mine has recently been cut off by Vodafail/3 for no apparent reason and has a '3' branded HSPA Broadband modem from Huawei (not sure of model number). My question is would that modem be usable with an Exetel HSPA Broadband service SIM via Optus or would a Huawei modem from Exetel be required for a new HSPA Mobile Broadband connection?

Hi,

As long as the USB modems are not locked to a particular network, you should be able to use the Exetel service with them. :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================
stevecJ
Forum Admin

Postby ReservedWolf on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:08 pm

stevecJ wrote:
ReservedWolf wrote:A friend of mine has recently been cut off by Vodafail/3 for no apparent reason and has a '3' branded HSPA Broadband modem from Huawei (not sure of model number). My question is would that modem be usable with an Exetel HSPA Broadband service SIM via Optus or would a Huawei modem from Exetel be required for a new HSPA Mobile Broadband connection?

Hi,

As long as the USB modems are not locked to a particular network, you should be able to use the Exetel service with them. :)

There's a complication I wasn't expecting to do with identification and proof thereof; my friend doesn't have a driver's licence as he is profoundly disabled but has a KeyPass Proof of ID card, issued in Victoria and accepted nation-wide as ID in lieu of a driver's licence; the question is would the numbers on that card be sufficient to satisfy Exetel's ID requirements (along with the bank details) and would those numbers then be placed in the driver's licence entry field on the application form?
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.
ReservedWolf

Postby KavindaS on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:46 pm

ReservedWolf wrote:
stevecJ wrote:

Hi,

There's a complication I wasn't expecting to do with identification and proof thereof; my friend doesn't have a driver's licence as he is profoundly disabled but has a KeyPass Proof of ID card, issued in Victoria and accepted nation-wide as ID in lieu of a driver's licence; the question is would the numbers on that card be sufficient to satisfy Exetel's ID requirements (along with the bank details) and would those numbers then be placed in the driver's licence entry field on the application form?

Hi,

I did check with our sales department and as they confirmed the driver's license number is not mandatory. Therefore you may fill that filed as n/a. If you require more information you can contact our sales department via email - residentialsales@exetel.com.au or phone - 0280301000. :)
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to HSPA connections