New user having trouble connecting

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G

New user having trouble connecting

Postby bunwin63 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:56 am

My SIM and TP-Link MA260 arrived yesterday. I activated the SIM and installed the software for the TP-Link, then configured the TP-Link according to the instructions. (although there was nowhere for me to enter the SP code).

I noticed that the default profile name was YesOptus. I added a new one called exetel, and made it the default.

When I hit the Connect button, it changes to "Connecting" for a while, but then changes back to "Connect".

I have a green flashing light on the modem. On the modem software, the icons indicate that the SIM is inserted, and the adaptor is connected, but the internet status is disconnected.

Any ideas?
bunwin63

Re: New user having trouble connecting

Postby anurangaf on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:31 pm

bunwin63 wrote:My SIM and TP-Link MA260 arrived yesterday. I activated the SIM and installed the software for the TP-Link, then configured the TP-Link according to the instructions. (although there was nowhere for me to enter the SP code).

I noticed that the default profile name was YesOptus. I added a new one called exetel, and made it the default.

When I hit the Connect button, it changes to "Connecting" for a while, but then changes back to "Connect".

I have a green flashing light on the modem. On the modem software, the icons indicate that the SIM is inserted, and the adaptor is connected, but the internet status is disconnected.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Could you please PM me your service number or email us on residentialsupport@exetel.com.au
anurangaf
Exetel Staff

Return to HSPA connections