FTTN - service not working in Terrigal

Fibre broadband and trials

FTTN - service not working in Terrigal

Postby mjwills on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:45 pm

My mother has Exetel FTTN in Terrigal, previously on Exetel ADSL. Her account number is 0201328622 .

She has been without internet and phone for about 10 days. This used to happen on ADSL as well, although not usually for this long.
It only happens when it rains (so I am assuming the cable somewhere is waterlogged, but obviously I can't prove this). To be clear, it is not slow - it is non-existent.

She has spoken to Exetel on the phone, and the support staff emailed her with a NF10WV manual as well as login details for the router. These are not super useful since:

a) She can't read the manual since she lacks internet
b) The modem was setup and working fine previously

Is there a way for me to contact Exetel's support staff on my mother's behalf?
Please note, I live 2 hours drive away from my mother - so I can't call from her phone.
I am particularly interested in talking about whether Exetel can co-ordinate with Telstra / NBN / whomever looks after cabling issues to come out and check the problem.
mjwills

Re: FTTN - service not working in Terrigal

Postby shehanw on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi there,

Apologies for the inconvenience, i can see that you have already contacted exetel regarding the following matter. This issue has been escalated to our wholesale supplier for further investigations now. We will keep you informed of any updates as they become available. Ref#11717178
shehanw
Exetel Staff

Return to Fibre services