A happy customer

Fibre broadband and trials

A happy customer

Postby geoffyboy on Thu May 11, 2017 7:30 pm

You dont see many posts on here that are "good" ones.

I have been with exetel for over 12 years and today I had NBN HFC hooked up.

After reading so much negativity around the web about it I was a little worried to say the least.

But I'm happy to report it went really well.
Installer rang earlier than appointment time saying he was running ahead of time and to see if someone would be home.
He rocked up. Tested the cable. Installed the modem and then had it activated and working within 20 minutes.

Speeds are nice. Speed tests all afternoon right through "peak" are pretty much stable at 22/4.2

I received a text and an email about 10 minutes after the nbn guy left from exetel telling it was all go.

Just thought I would post up to let people know that its not all bad out there :)
geoffyboy

Re: A happy customer

Postby Amila Fernando on Thu May 11, 2017 9:58 pm

geoffyboy wrote:You dont see many posts on here that are "good" ones.

I have been with exetel for over 12 years and today I had NBN HFC hooked up.

After reading so much negativity around the web about it I was a little worried to say the least.

But I'm happy to report it went really well.
Installer rang earlier than appointment time saying he was running ahead of time and to see if someone would be home.
He rocked up. Tested the cable. Installed the modem and then had it activated and working within 20 minutes.

Speeds are nice. Speed tests all afternoon right through "peak" are pretty much stable at 22/4.2

I received a text and an email about 10 minutes after the nbn guy left from exetel telling it was all go.

Just thought I would post up to let people know that its not all bad out there :)

Thank you. We appreciate the positive feedback :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================
Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Postby Baldrick on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Just thought I might throw my 2 cents worth in here.
I too have been a long term exetel customer. I now have 2 nbn connections, both of which are 100/40 speeds.
My site in Newcastle is FTTP & my site in Tamworth is FTTN which I had connected a couple of weeks ago now that it has finally become available.
Being that my Tamworth site is FTTN I didnt really expect I would get blistering fast results, but to my surprise it is very much comparable to my FTTP in Newcastle & may even have a small speed edge on it.
I stress tested the 2 connections by streaming a few simultaneous high bandwidth videos from 1 site & mirrored it directly back to the other site. Result was a good steady sustained bandwidth over 12 or so hours at an average of around 30Mb/s
So just saying " very happy" here too.
Here is a screenshot of my Tamworth results:
http://davidsweb.net:5000/sharing/w43bSLVfM
Baldrick

Postby KavindaS on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:04 am

Baldrick wrote:Just thought I might throw my 2 cents worth in here.
I too have been a long term exetel customer. I now have 2 nbn connections, both of which are 100/40 speeds.
My site in Newcastle is FTTP & my site in Tamworth is FTTN which I had connected a couple of weeks ago now that it has finally become available.
Being that my Tamworth site is FTTN I didnt really expect I would get blistering fast results, but to my surprise it is very much comparable to my FTTP in Newcastle & may even have a small speed edge on it.
I stress tested the 2 connections by streaming a few simultaneous high bandwidth videos from 1 site & mirrored it directly back to the other site. Result was a good steady sustained bandwidth over 12 or so hours at an average of around 30Mb/s
So just saying " very happy" here too.
Here is a screenshot of my Tamworth results:
http://davidsweb.net:5000/sharing/w43bSLVfM

It is always great to have this kind of feedback and we hope the good service will continue forever. :)
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby blanes on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:29 pm

I have been with Exetel since 2008 and fully agree with the positive sentiments of the other two customers.

Our NBN internet is currently off the air for past 6 days, but that is no fault of Exetel as the copper wire in my area is very run down. They have been very good in assisting & advising me and we hope it is repaired tomorrow. :)
blanes

Postby KavindaS on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:37 pm

blanes wrote:I have been with Exetel since 2008 and fully agree with the positive sentiments of the other two customers.

Our NBN internet is currently off the air for past 6 days, but that is no fault of Exetel as the copper wire in my area is very run down. They have been very good in assisting & advising me and we hope it is repaired tomorrow. :)

Thank you. :) Let us know if they fail to fix the issue as scheduled, so we will check with the escalation of the supplier.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby TerryD on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:50 am

I was there when my daughter was connected to NBN. Lucky her she has FTTP. The technician arrived a little late but quickly removed the old phone, pulled the fibre through, mounted the box and plugged in the new modem. Within 5 minutes the connection was up and running. The cable jammed in the ceiling but he quickly unjammed it, He was very helpful and patiently answered all our questions despite the fact that he had 2 more jobs and it was about 5pm.
She signed up for 25 MB and has enjoyed a consistent 22 MB since. I hope I am so fortunate next year when I am connected with HCC.
TerryD

Return to Fibre services