Orbi Router

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Dodgedanpei

Orbi Router

Post by Dodgedanpei » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi,
I’m new customer with Exetel for our NBN service. We found out that the ZTE modem has few dead zone in our upper level house and even downstairs especially during peak time.
Hence I purchased a new router Netgear Orbi model, can someone please guide us with step by step activation? I can easily follow the set up from the orbi app however will need the detail configuration for internet set up.
I want to use this Netgear Orbi to replace Zte modem.

Thanks

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Orbi Router

Post by KavindaS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Dodgedanpei wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:04 pm
Hi,
I’m new customer with Exetel for our NBN service. We found out that the ZTE modem has few dead zone in our upper level house and even downstairs especially during peak time.
Hence I purchased a new router Netgear Orbi model, can someone please guide us with step by step activation? I can easily follow the set up from the orbi app however will need the detail configuration for internet set up.
I want to use this Netgear Orbi to replace Zte modem.

Thanks
You need to have Exetel provided modem config credentials to configure the new router. PM me your service number or the customer id, so will check the service type and confirm you the other required settings.

Dodgedanpei

Post by Dodgedanpei » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Thanks, I have sent a PM
Appreciate your help in advance.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:43 pm

Dodgedanpei wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:33 pm
Thanks, I have sent a PM
Appreciate your help in advance.
PM received and thank you for that. I have checked your service type and considering a HFC service, you may have to configure your new router for Ethernet WAN PPPoE with Exetel provided credentials.

Dodgedanpei

Post by Dodgedanpei » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:24 am

Thanks KavindaS for your advice.
Sorry I’m just very novice in IT networking world, does it mean I can just call Exetel for the configuration using my Exetel profile?

IsuruB
Exetel Staff

Post by IsuruB » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Dodgedanpei wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:24 am
Thanks KavindaS for your advice.
Sorry I’m just very novice in IT networking world, does it mean I can just call Exetel for the configuration using my Exetel profile?
Thanks for getting back to us. What we meant to say was that there is no restriction from our end in you using any compatible router with your NBN HFC service, but we would only be able to provide the generic parameters for configuration (username and password, PPPoE, etc.). You will need to contact Netgear or refer the manual for the device for device-specific setup instructions

Dodgedanpei

Post by Dodgedanpei » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Thanks for your advice.
Can you please send me the basic parameter configuration?
I can try my best to do the device set up.

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Dodgedanpei wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm
Thanks for your advice.
Hi,

Apologies for requesting this again, could you please PM your service details once again so I can re send the PPPoE credentials to your nominated email address.

Thanks.

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Dodgedanpei wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm
Thanks for your advice.
Hi,

We have sent you an email containing the requested information, let us know if any other assistance is required. Your Ref#16024525

Thanks