No NBN Bondi Beach since noon 16/10

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
mortshag

No NBN Bondi Beach since noon 16/10

Post by mortshag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:10 am

This is already under investigation but I note that there is an unresolved outage at 186 Campbell Parade Bondi Beach and I'm wondering whether my issue is connected

kasunm
Exetel Staff

Re: No NBN Bondi Beach since noon 16/10

Post by kasunm » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:42 pm

mortshag wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:10 am
This is already under investigation but I note that there is an unresolved outage at 186 Campbell Parade Bondi Beach and I'm wondering whether my issue is connected
Hi

Can you please PM me your customer ID or the service number to check on this from the back end.

Thanks

mortshag

Post by mortshag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:18 pm

PM sent (but looks like it is still in inbox...)

mortshag

Post by mortshag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:54 pm

Apparently the 186 Campbell Parade problem has been fixed but mine has not. At 2 pm on 19 October I have to take part in a large legal panel meeting with a major regulator. I am paid at counsel rates by the hour. I hope you can join the dots.

mortshag

Post by mortshag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:55 pm

Apparently the 186 Campbell Parade problem has been fixed but mine has not. At 2 pm on 19 October I have to take part in a large legal panel meeting with a major regulator. I am paid at counsel rates by the hour. I hope you can join the dots. If you can't I know several SC and QC who can.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:40 am

mortshag wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:55 pm
Apparently the 186 Campbell Parade problem has been fixed but mine has not. At 2 pm on 19 October I have to take part in a large legal panel meeting with a major regulator. I am paid at counsel rates by the hour. I hope you can join the dots. If you can't I know several SC and QC who can.
Hi

Can you please check whether the PM was sent from our inbox. If it is still there, can you please try to PM me the details or provide us any referance number given by exetel.

Thanks

mortshag

Post by mortshag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:33 pm

It is still there with one other message from September 2020. I have never encountered this problem on any other forum. Despite being continually and forcefully being advised of it Exetel is unable to solve it. I have to do a more circuitous route just to raise issues. In any event an NBN technician is coming today. The service began working 1 hour ago so it has been off air since about 12:00 pm on 16/10 and has miraculously restored itself.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:45 pm

mortshag wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:33 pm
It is still there with one other message from September 2020. I have never encountered this problem on any other forum. Despite being continually and forcefully being advised of it Exetel is unable to solve it. I have to do a more circuitous route just to raise issues. In any event an NBN technician is coming today. The service began working 1 hour ago so it has been off air since about 12:00 pm on 16/10 and has miraculously restored itself.
Hi

We are sorry about the inconvenient caused. The agents who are handling the fault investigation will let you know whether the supplier has done any changers to get the service up and running. If your serviec issue persists, please provide the investigation referance numger.

Thanks

mortshag

Post by mortshag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 pm

At about 12 noon the system miraculously comes to life. Amazing especially since I signalled that I was in a webex meeting at 2 pm. Technician comes and does tests. Guess what there is no problem but we have had NO SERVICE FOR 3 DAYS. I did a 3 hour webex meeting via a hotspot because I could not trust your system (and I'm being paid $550 per hour ) I have been in touch with Aussie Broadband. I remind that you that during there NSW lockdown we had no problems and the reason for that was that the wholesale pricing system was relaxed to deal with the demand. This is economics not engineering. Aussie Broadband seems to manage the bandwidth more honestly. Yet you can't even a PM to emerge from my email account. I am a long term customer yet I am treated with contempt.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:14 am

mortshag wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 pm
At about 12 noon the system miraculously comes to life. Amazing especially since I signalled that I was in a webex meeting at 2 pm. Technician comes and does tests. Guess what there is no problem but we have had NO SERVICE FOR 3 DAYS. I did a 3 hour webex meeting via a hotspot because I could not trust your system (and I'm being paid $550 per hour ) I have been in touch with Aussie Broadband. I remind that you that during there NSW lockdown we had no problems and the reason for that was that the wholesale pricing system was relaxed to deal with the demand. This is economics not engineering. Aussie Broadband seems to manage the bandwidth more honestly. Yet you can't even a PM to emerge from my email account. I am a long term customer yet I am treated with contempt.
Hi

Thanks for the honest feedback. It really helps us if we know how our customers really feel and we are sorry to hear that your Exetel experience hasn’t been great so far. Please provide the investigation referance number here so I can check and get back to you on this. If you don't have the referance number, please drop us an email (residentialsupport@exetel.com.au) and post the referance number here. We are extreamly sorry about the inconvenient caused.

Thanks

mortshag

Post by mortshag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:43 pm

I have just been told that because the service is working now the ticket will be closed. Why did it miraculously come good? Do you not have any curiosity about what happened? So why have I been off air for 3 days? Tell the world. Do you really think it is commercially acceptable to have outages like that without any explanation or refund (which I don't care about - I only want a stable service). I ran a big internet service for an international bank through 9 MSN in Adelaide and we paid for no downtime. It was expensive. I think you have systemically mispriced the offering and you just hope schmucks put up with it when demand is high. Price it properly and provide a reliable service. By international standards your service is abysmal.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:36 am

mortshag wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:43 pm
I have just been told that because the service is working now the ticket will be closed. Why did it miraculously come good? Do you not have any curiosity about what happened? So why have I been off air for 3 days? Tell the world. Do you really think it is commercially acceptable to have outages like that without any explanation or refund (which I don't care about - I only want a stable service). I ran a big internet service for an international bank through 9 MSN in Adelaide and we paid for no downtime. It was expensive. I think you have systemically mispriced the offering and you just hope schmucks put up with it when demand is high. Price it properly and provide a reliable service. By international standards your service is abysmal.
Hi

Unfortunately we cannot provide any information without checking your case. Therefore, as advised earlier please provide us your investigation referance ID to get back to you on this.

Thanks

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:05 pm

Do you think that Exetel is responsible for outages on individual services?

It is almost certainly an NBN/local issue, of which there is zero service level agreement.

If you are wanting a business grade NBN service, I would suggest you look at their Enterprise Ethernet service. We can supply 100Mbps/100Mbps fibre for $400.00 per month which comes with uptime agreements.

mortshag

Post by mortshag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Thank you for your insights.

mortshag

Post by mortshag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:03 pm

nilushid wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:36 am
mortshag wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:43 pm
Hi

Unfortunately we cannot provide any information without checking your case. Therefore, as advised earlier please provide us your investigation referance ID to get back to you on this.

Thanks
You clearly do not read these posts carefully. PMs gets stuck in outbox and I have therefore been corresponding with the residential support email and for your information they are NOT doing anything further despite being in possession of the reference ID. You people are shambolic.