Constant drop outs in Iluka.

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
NorPhi

Constant drop outs in Iluka.

Post by NorPhi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I need help, I am desperate, I keeping getting standard responses from Exetel Support.

On the 15th February I logged a job with Exetel Support as I had been experiencing very slow internet connections between around 7-9pm daily. Down to 3-6mbps
But still even with this issue connectivity was stable, just slow. Within a few hours of logging a support call with Exetel on the 15th February I started experiencing router disconnections. I emailed Exetel to advise that I cannot work like this and I would like for whatever tests they were running to stop, or maybe be done at a different time. I did not get a reply to this but I do get it, I do not have an SLA with Exetel and they need to do what you have to do. I am sure they are busy like everyone else.

However, since the 16th February I have been experiencing non-stop outages, these do not seem to be PPPoE disconnections but outages beyond my router, there is nothing wrong with my internal network. To be sure my internal network is not at fault I purchased new WiFi APs and PPPoE enabled modem/router and patch leads, I am still experiencing constant dropouts.

As an example yesterday morning, 22nd February I have had no less than 30 disconnections between 8-1130am. Today, the 23rd I have experienced around 8 outages up to 11am.
I have a network monitor constantly checking uptime. This is frustrating and embarrassing for both myself and my wife who work from home full time. We are constantly being kicked out of online meetings and unable to work for short periods. Myself as an example I manage a team that in turn manage 4 data centres and 2 Campus networks in Perth, I simply cannot do my job without stable internet, this could actually put my job at risk!

I have swapped out all equipment that is owned by me, and I still see these drop out issues, I attached an example. I even swapped back the Exetel provided equipment and the issue persists.

To say I am desperate is an understatement, I need a stable connection, wish I hadn't logged a job about slow internet on the 15th feb now!
Attachments
thumbnail_image.png
thumbnail_image.png (142.91 KiB) Viewed 58 times

nilushid
Admin

Re: Constant drop outs in Iluka.

Post by nilushid » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:38 pm

NorPhi wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:54 pm
Hi Guys,

I need help, I am desperate, I keeping getting standard responses from Exetel Support.

On the 15th February I logged a job with Exetel Support as I had been experiencing very slow internet connections between around 7-9pm daily. Down to 3-6mbps
But still even with this issue connectivity was stable, just slow. Within a few hours of logging a support call with Exetel on the 15th February I started experiencing router disconnections. I emailed Exetel to advise that I cannot work like this and I would like for whatever tests they were running to stop, or maybe be done at a different time. I did not get a reply to this but I do get it, I do not have an SLA with Exetel and they need to do what you have to do. I am sure they are busy like everyone else.

However, since the 16th February I have been experiencing non-stop outages, these do not seem to be PPPoE disconnections but outages beyond my router, there is nothing wrong with my internal network. To be sure my internal network is not at fault I purchased new WiFi APs and PPPoE enabled modem/router and patch leads, I am still experiencing constant dropouts.

As an example yesterday morning, 22nd February I have had no less than 30 disconnections between 8-1130am. Today, the 23rd I have experienced around 8 outages up to 11am.
I have a network monitor constantly checking uptime. This is frustrating and embarrassing for both myself and my wife who work from home full time. We are constantly being kicked out of online meetings and unable to work for short periods. Myself as an example I manage a team that in turn manage 4 data centres and 2 Campus networks in Perth, I simply cannot do my job without stable internet, this could actually put my job at risk!

I have swapped out all equipment that is owned by me, and I still see these drop out issues, I attached an example. I even swapped back the Exetel provided equipment and the issue persists.

To say I am desperate is an understatement, I need a stable connection, wish I hadn't logged a job about slow internet on the 15th feb now!
Hi

We are extremely sorry about the inconvenience caused to you by this service issue. We will get in touch with you asap

Thanks

NorPhi

Post by NorPhi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:43 pm

Hi Nilushid,

I can see someone from Exetel has called, sorry I couldn't answer as I am on calls with work until around 5pm.

Thanks for reaching out, email is easy for me to respond to if that's possible.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:55 pm

NorPhi wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:43 pm
Hi Nilushid,

I can see someone from Exetel has called, sorry I couldn't answer as I am on calls with work until around 5pm.

Thanks for reaching out, email is easy for me to respond to if that's possible.
Hi

Sure, We will communicate via emails.

Thanks

NorPhi

Post by NorPhi » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:24 am

Looks as thought LBN Co finally did something in the pit outside my house yesterday, my internet was offline while they were doing something out there. They did not knock on the door or call me to discuss, but that's ok maybe my internet connection was going to be stable again.

Nope...

LBN attended around 2pm, internet back online around 2:30pm, it is currently 4:20am the next day and my internet has been offline around 4 hours. All lights on the LBN Co NTD are on and red, Exetel router states "ISP Timeout".

As before, this is not an issue with my equipment, something from the LBN Co NTD back to wherever in the pit or beyond is the issue.

I have responded to an email from Wickey @ Exetel this morning checking to see if LBN called me and detailed the issue in my reply. I get that this is an LBN issues and not Exetels, but I am over this now, Hot Spotting off my phone numerous times in the last month so that I could have a stable connection while working from home isn't ideal is it...

NorPhi

Post by NorPhi » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:38 am

Up and running again, maybe just a general outage in the area?

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:39 pm

NorPhi wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:38 am
Up and running again, maybe just a general outage in the area?
Hi

The supplier hasn't informed us of any unplanned incidents. Therefore, it should have been a minor glitch on the network. Your service is up and running without dropouts for the past 5 hours now. Kindly monitor and let us know if you have any further dropouts.

Thanks