Fibre Broadband in the forum?

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Munka

Fibre Broadband in the forum?

Post by Munka » Sun May 09, 2010 11:17 am

Hi, while I realize it is very early days regarding the fibre trials in various locations around Australia, could it be worthwhile giving it a place in the forum.

And just a note, I was watching Inside Business on the ABC this morning, and Conroy mentioned that there was a company offering Fibre in Tasmania for as low as $1.50 per Gig.
He didn't mention the company by name but I assume, having his facts crooked, he was referring to Exetel, who is offering 100 mbps for 75c per GB and 25 mbps for $1.50 per GB.
Munka

ForumAdmin

Re: Fibre Broadband in the forum?

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun May 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Munka wrote:Hi, while I realize it is very early days regarding the fibre trials in various locations around Australia, could it be worthwhile giving it a place in the forum.

And just a note, I was watching Inside Business on the ABC this morning, and Conroy mentioned that there was a company offering Fibre in Tasmania for as low as $1.50 per Gig.
He didn't mention the company by name but I assume, having his facts crooked, he was referring to Exetel, who is offering 100 mbps for 75c per GB and 25 mbps for $1.50 per GB.
Yes I watched that program too - what a pity Exetel is providing positive spin for the Labor government.

We will make the Telstra Point Cook services order buttons live tomorrow and the Opticomm and Tasmanian services live by the end of the month.

It's a good idea to put up a thread on fibre particularly the development of the customer wiki/fibre segment to get other ideas on what questions people would want to ask.