Opticomm Fibre Availability

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
ForumAdmin

Opticomm Fibre Availability

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 am

We signed a wholesale contract with Opticomm late in 2009 but did not not plan to activate services until we were able to determine what would happen with the 'NBN2' and with Telstra Wholesale fibre services.

Although the longer term terms and conditions of providing NBN and Telstra fibre are still not clear, at least to us, we have now ordered the necessary cross connects from Opticomm to be able to deliver fibre services with a target date of June 1st 2010 for NSW and Victoria.

If these two 'pilot' States produce a sensible return for Exetel we will add cross connects in other States where Opticomm has fibred new housing developments.

Plan prices are now listed on the Exetel web site.

rseydler

Re: Opticomm Fibre Availability

Post by rseydler » Mon May 10, 2010 12:46 pm

aawww nothing in QLD?

Ron

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue May 11, 2010 2:04 pm

The full list of developments can be found on Opticom's web site.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Tue May 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Could not find Opticomm's info relating to their estates, but this might help for all Fibre providers across Australia.

http://ozftth.blogspot.com/2008/02/aust ... s-map.html

Munka

Post by Munka » Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Lawrie wrote:Could not find Opticomm's info relating to their estates, but this might help for all Fibre providers across Australia.

http://ozftth.blogspot.com/2008/02/aust ... s-map.html
I am wondering why Exetel does not appear on the provider list on that blog http://ozftth.blogspot.com/2008/06/ftth-providers.html
Munka

thalamic

Post by thalamic » Tue May 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Is the availability check working? I tried george 2000 and it says "No data found for that search".

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed May 26, 2010 11:00 am

Is the availability check working? I tried george 2000 and it says "No data found for that search".
Yes it is working - It should say "you are ineligible to receive the service' as Opticomm dont have that lit on george street.

In NSW it is only for Middleton Grange and Oran Park where Opticomm have their fibre for activation.

I will however, update the search to provide a more meaninful answer, thank you.

Col

Post by Col » Wed May 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Will Exetel in the future consider offering plans with x2 the standard upload speed like Internode have on their "SOHO" plans over this infrastructure? They are charging $20 more per month for the privilege so there might be room for Exetel to price it quite competitively.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu May 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi,

The plans you see on website with their respective download/upload speeds is as high as we can go based on what our supplier can offer for those residential plans.

Conradb

Post by Conradb » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 am

Hi,
Hey on the Opticomm fibre order sheet you have this condition:

I understand that upon completion of the Fibre Data service that my telephony service will also be physically moved onto optical Fibre as per the Telstra Wholesale Fibre Trial. The telephony service should work as per normal and your Telephone Provider is solely responsible for operation there after.

I'm in Alamanda Estate and the Telstra trial doesn't exist, will it matter if I leave the box unchecked when I place my order soon, seeing as it doesn't apply?

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi ,

* Report this post

Postby Conradb on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:06 am
Hi,
Hey on the Opticomm fibre order sheet you have this condition:

I understand that upon completion of the Fibre Data service that my telephony service will also be physically moved onto optical Fibre as per the Telstra Wholesale Fibre Trial. The telephony service should work as per normal and your Telephone Provider is solely responsible for operation there after.

I'm in Alamanda Estate and the Telstra trial doesn't exist, will it matter if I leave the box unchecked when I place my order soon, seeing as it doesn't apply?
It is compulsory to have that box checked to proceed with the application. So you have to put the tick there.

steve :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================