New Superfast National Broadband Network

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Surfn Chick

New Superfast National Broadband Network

Post by Surfn Chick » Wed May 26, 2010 2:39 pm

We are supposedly one of the lucky suburbs to be receiving the Superfast National Broadband Network. We live in Minnamurra/Kiama Downs NSW & the Community Information Session is to be held this Saturday 29th May in our local hall. The brochure mentions improvement in doing business, great for downloading entertainment & better access to education and whilst it is suppose to be free initially the main questions will be how much will it cost.
I would love to hear from the forum about any brilliant questions that I could take to them to get to the nitty gritty.

For me personally, not having any trouble with Exetel since joining it will be difficult to keep an open mind that everything will go well given the governments latest issues with schools and insulation.

Old Flame

Re: New Superfast National Broadband Network

Post by Old Flame » Wed May 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Surfn Chick wrote: great for downloading entertainment & better access to education and whilst it is suppose to be free initially the main questions will be how much will it cost.
Lucky you! Maybe check here http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-fibre-pricing.php Dunno if it is valid in your area or not. Maybe someone from exetel can confirm. Pricing seems real good too!

ForumAdmin

Re: New Superfast National Broadband Network

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:07 am

The NBNCo, from what has been published, will activate the Tasmanian trial in three small towns (around 5,000 residences) in very early July.

As far as I have read - there is no other area being activated out side Tasmania with any hard dates.

Exetel will offer fibre via NBNCo and Aurora Energy in early July at the prices 'published' on the fibre section of the residential web site.

Pricing starts from a 25mbps down service at zero install and zero monthly port cost with downloaded data at $2.00 per gbyte (uploads uncharged).

50 and 100 mbps services are also available.