New NBN Plan

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
spotthedog

New NBN Plan

Post by spotthedog » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:38 pm

I am currently on the NBN4-150 plan and under contract, can I change to the new NBN unlimited plan for $89.99?

Bellag

Re: New NBN Plan

Post by Bellag » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:45 pm

As of now, kindly note that the new plans are not available to change over.

simonw83

Post by simonw83 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:17 am

So just checking as a current customer, for $49.50 a month I could change to a plan offering 50gb of usage (unmetred 1am-9am) whereas for $39.99 a month a new customer can have 100gb? Or for just $10 more 500gb of usage? Have been a happy customer til now but this is a bit ridiculous and highly unfair to loyal customers who chose exetel over others in the first place.

Cheers
Simon

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:28 am

simonw83 wrote:So just checking as a current customer, for $49.50 a month I could change to a plan offering 50gb of usage (unmetred 1am-9am) whereas for $39.99 a month a new customer can have 100gb? Or for just $10 more 500gb of usage? Have been a happy customer til now but this is a bit ridiculous and highly unfair to loyal customers who chose exetel over others in the first place.

Cheers
Simon
Didn't you choose us in the first place because our NBN pricing was the best in the market at the time?

Cupitts

Post by Cupitts » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:07 am

I too noticed the new plans and was glad to finally see an unlimited option. However after not being able to change it in the members facility, I rang up only to be informed that those advertised plans are only for new customers. I really hope Exetel makes these plans available for existing customers, and quickly. It is incredibly unfair that the existing customers, some of which like myself, have been loyal to Exetel for many years are locked down to older, outdated and less valuable plans.
James wrote:
simonw83 wrote:So just checking as a current customer, for $49.50 a month I could change to a plan offering 50gb of usage (unmetred 1am-9am) whereas for $39.99 a month a new customer can have 100gb? Or for just $10 more 500gb of usage? Have been a happy customer til now but this is a bit ridiculous and highly unfair to loyal customers who chose exetel over others in the first place.

Cheers
Simon
Didn't you choose us in the first place because our NBN pricing was the best in the market at the time?
This is a terrible response and I'm disappointed to read such words from an Exetel employee. Markets change, just like your plans. If new plans are bought in, everyone should have access to them.
I can't understand why they are not allowed for existing customers either. I actually want to change my plan to a more EXPENSIVE plan. It's an extra $20 month, and I want to change to it. I would like to hear the logic behind this decision, because I can't figure it out at the moment.

anurangaf
Exetel Staff

Post by anurangaf » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:38 am

Hi,

This has been forwarded to our sales team, and they will respond to you as soon as possible... :)

Cupitts

Post by Cupitts » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:25 pm

anurangaf wrote:Hi,

This has been forwarded to our sales team, and they will respond to you as soon as possible... :)
Thank you, anurangaf! Hopefully some progress is made as I'd very much like to change over to the $89.99 unlimited plan.

remosha

Post by remosha » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi,

Could you please PM your service number.

Regards,
Remosha

dvestate

Post by dvestate » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Cupitts wrote:I too noticed the new plans and was glad to finally see an unlimited option. However after not being able to change it in the members facility, I rang up only to be informed that those advertised plans are only for new customers. I really hope Exetel makes these plans available for existing customers, and quickly. It is incredibly unfair that the existing customers, some of which like myself, have been loyal to Exetel for many years are locked down to older, outdated and less valuable plans.
James wrote:

Cheers
Simon
This is a terrible response and I'm disappointed to read such words from an Exetel employee. Markets change, just like your plans. If new plans are bought in, everyone should have access to them.
I can't understand why they are not allowed for existing customers either. I actually want to change my plan to a more EXPENSIVE plan. It's an extra $20 month, and I want to change to it. I would like to hear the logic behind this decision, because I can't figure it out at the moment.
I agree with this, I would love to upgrade my plan and give Exetel and extra $10 per month for the unlimited option but it appears they don't want the money......... I usually only use half my data cap anyway but would be great to just give some more money for my own safety and keep me from being capped if I do go over

NickYoung

Post by NickYoung » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:46 am

Cupitts wrote:

Thank you, anurangaf! Hopefully some progress is made as I'd very much like to change over to the $89.99 unlimited plan.

Has there been any further progress on this?
I would also like to change my plan up to the Unlimited

Sumudu D
Exetel Staff

Post by Sumudu D » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:57 am

NickYoung wrote:
Cupitts wrote:

Has there been any further progress on this?
I would also like to change my plan up to the Unlimited

Hi You can always send your queries to our sales department quoting your service number... :)
Here follow the email for the sales department - residentialsales@exetel.com.au ... :)

simonw83

Post by simonw83 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:26 am

James wrote:Didn't you choose us in the first place because our NBN pricing was the best in the market at the time?
Wow that's a staggering response. Can anyone here tell me why I shouldn't be cancelling and calling Ozlinked tomorrow who can offer me 100GB for $45 a month?