NBN Application Still Pending

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
exeteluser9384759

NBN Application Still Pending

Post by exeteluser9384759 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi,

Not sure if its normal for the application to still say pending after 6 working days when the email said "normally within 3 days". Still waiting for the status to change.

Advice please.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: NBN Application Still Pending

Post by stevecJ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:00 pm

exeteluser9384759 wrote:Hi,

Not sure if its normal for the application to still say pending after 6 working days when the email said "normally within 3 days". Still waiting for the status to change.

Advice please.
Hi,

I have forwarded this to our activations team and they will provide you an update soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

exeteluser9384759

Post by exeteluser9384759 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:26 am

Thanks stevecJ

Application status still says pending. According to this whirlpool discussion, long application process wait times are common.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 21&p=2#r35

I just hope there's not a bug and a technician turns up to my house to connect when we're not here :?

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Mon May 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Thought I should give you a heads up on your expected 3 days.

It could be anywhere from 3 - 6 days approximately or in your case longer to receive your first email/sms notification from Exetel of your first technicians appointment and this appointment could be anything from the same week or 6 weeks or longer.

My tips, be patient some installations are proving very difficult and not to scare you but are now going on 12 months.

Anyway, back to you.

So here's what might happen, the first technicians appointment will come, you have been asked to be at home for the am or pm. I would suggest try to be at home for most of the day and never assume the technician will knock on your door to let you know he is there. Sometimes they just come for a look and then decide your job needs to be handled by another team. Again don't assume they will let you know this. And sometimes they come the week before, decide your job is for another team and never turn up on your proper instal date.

This information is only fed back to Exetel if the technician advises NBN.

So if they don't turn up, it will be the next day before Exetel can advise you where your installation is at.

Now, here's the great part. If you need further work externally its at these appointments that you don't need to usually be home which is good news. Then, once externally work complete Exetel will again send notification for your internal installation.

Of course, your installation could go text book but you will now have this knowledge to advise your friends or other Exetel customers.

By the way, your application will say pending until the final technician installs your internal equipment and does diagnostic testing. Exetel will then get notification from the NBN maybe that day but more than likely the next & then you will be active ready for your router to be configured.

Hope this helps......I've had quite a bit of experience with it.