Need help with Fibre access

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
slave1

Need help with Fibre access

Post by slave1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi, my house has had the trench dug from the concrete comms cap to the house, and an NBN rep came to the house today saying that the NBN access to the house is now 'active' and to contact my ISP to connect. I'm currently with Exetel on an ADSL2 service, but when I go to the NBN site and mynbn.info my address says access is still not available. Can I give my details to someone with Exetel to confirm my availability for NBN? Looking to connect ASAP - cheers.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Re: Need help with Fibre access

Post by ShaminG » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:15 pm

slave1 wrote:Hi, my house has had the trench dug from the concrete comms cap to the house, and an NBN rep came to the house today saying that the NBN access to the house is now 'active' and to contact my ISP to connect. I'm currently with Exetel on an ADSL2 service, but when I go to the NBN site and mynbn.info my address says access is still not available. Can I give my details to someone with Exetel to confirm my availability for NBN? Looking to connect ASAP - cheers.
I have asked our sales team to have a look and provide you an update.

slave1

Post by slave1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:10 am

Er, any response to this yet?

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:30 am

slave1 wrote:Er, any response to this yet?
Hi,

I have prompted the sales team on this and they will get back to you soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:38 pm

I would like to weigh in here as I see this similar question/statement posted time and time again.

I have had four years experience with the NBN in Kiama.

The technicians in fairness to them, as I am sure they have done a good job but all say the same thing once they have completed their side of the job:

" Your good to go all you need to do is contact your ISP"

The technicians are a small cog in the wheel. There could still be more work to be done on your premises or down the street by a different team.

The NBN will be ready to connect at your premises when normally the NBN send a letter to the resident/landlord advising of such.

Your NBN is not ready until it comes up as available on the NBN site which I believe you mentioned still does not.

Putting in an application with Exetel will not fasten the process and generally makes it more frustrating for you the customer.

Best to sit tight, relax and wait til the above is forthcoming.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

trev

Post by trev » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:28 pm

What you've all missed is the fact that the original poster was checking on the http://mynbn.info website which has not been updated since early 2014 after NBN Co removed public access to the relevant data sets.

The NBNCo website where you can check your connection status is at: http://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or ... dress.html