NBN - Brisbane service extremely slow for last 5 days

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Hotchips

NBN - Brisbane service extremely slow for last 5 days

Post by Hotchips » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 pm

#9025529 - ticket raised.

This is just to let any other Brisbane peeps with the same issue be aware - you are not alone. Exetel Support responded to my request for help and I have since submitted test results and screen grabs as requested.

Speeds I am getting fluctuate, but average 8Mbps download and 30Mbps upload (100/40 plan)
Example: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4308340289

Uploads seem ok, but downloads are simply not working. Impossible to watch or stream content off web, torrent, or game.

I see there are other multiple NBN speed issues posted, but I did not see any Bris ones. Anyone have similar issues in Bris? (I am Ipswich council area)

One thing of note - a mate in the next street (about 1klm away) who has NBN fibre through internode had EXACTLY the same issue. After a week, they said they found a problem up the line from him (in the exchange I think he said) and a tech was dispatched and FIXED it. Is there any common infrastructure in exchanges for the NBN Fibre runs that connect everyone regardless of ISP? Might be worth sussing out. Seems like a BIG coincidence he lives in the street off mine and had identical issue.

Anyway, hope this is helpful, and I'll post more as it happens.
I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.
Groucho Marx

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Re: NBN - Brisbane service extremely slow for last 5 days

Post by ShaminG » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Hotchips wrote:#9025529 - ticket raised.

This is just to let any other Brisbane peeps with the same issue be aware - you are not alone. Exetel Support responded to my request for help and I have since submitted test results and screen grabs as requested.

Speeds I am getting fluctuate, but average 8Mbps download and 30Mbps upload (100/40 plan)
Example: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4308340289

Uploads seem ok, but downloads are simply not working. Impossible to watch or stream content off web, torrent, or game.

I see there are other multiple NBN speed issues posted, but I did not see any Bris ones. Anyone have similar issues in Bris? (I am Ipswich council area)

One thing of note - a mate in the next street (about 1klm away) who has NBN fibre through internode had EXACTLY the same issue. After a week, they said they found a problem up the line from him (in the exchange I think he said) and a tech was dispatched and FIXED it. Is there any common infrastructure in exchanges for the NBN Fibre runs that connect everyone regardless of ISP? Might be worth sussing out. Seems like a BIG coincidence he lives in the street off mine and had identical issue.

Anyway, hope this is helpful, and I'll post more as it happens.
We will analyze the test results and provide you a response ASAP.

Caleb77

Post by Caleb77 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Same for me. Hope they can fix this. Seems silly to pay more for less of a service.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Caleb77 wrote:Same for me. Hope they can fix this. Seems silly to pay more for less of a service.
As informed to you via viewtopic.php?f=329&t=41991&p=314413#p314413 we will update you via the Ticket ID: 9043065.

Hotchips

Post by Hotchips » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:27 pm

This thread is related to viewtopic.php?f=329&t=42228

My issue is detailed more on that thread.

I hope this helps others.
I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.
Groucho Marx

johnhennessy

Post by johnhennessy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Welcome to Exetel! I'm paying for 100/40 and getting 35/35. Support told me if I am not happy then I should look for another ISP.
Good luck, and welcome to EXETEL!
John Hennessy
10yr member in September