Slow - 100/40Mbps

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Slow - 100/40Mbps

Post by KavindaS » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:10 am

MatthewC wrote:Hello Amila

I have replied to your email with the tests. Also just wanted to let you know the Speedtest_Exetel_Mac.sh file didn't work for me as it just opens as a text file. I renamed it to Speedtest_Exetel_Mac.command so it would just run in terminal as you would expect but the file didn't have permissions so I fixed that. Then the file was in a DOS text format which uses carriage return and line feed pairs as their newline characters, Unix text files have the line feed as their newline character so I had to fix that before it would finally run.

Not sure if you've had any issues in the past with it. I can't attach it in the forums but I can send it to you if needed, other wise someone will just need to fix the file for others.
We have received your test results. We will investigate them and reply to you with the same ticket ref# 9935856.

MatthewC

Post by MatthewC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:11 am

Hi

Do you know roughly how long the wholesale supplier normally takes to resolve issues like this?

Thanks
Matt

devindag
Exetel Staff

Post by devindag » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:40 am

MatthewC wrote:Hi

Do you know roughly how long the wholesale supplier normally takes to resolve issues like this?

Thanks
Matt
Please note that a response has been provided o your nominated email account via icket ref# 9935856. Exetel apologize for the inconvenience caused.

MatthewC

Post by MatthewC » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Hello

I have received your email that the wholesale supplier believes everything is working correctly. Before I proceed I just want to make sure there definitely isn't a problem at Exetel's end. Previously when I have gone over my limit the service hasn't reset correctly, nothing has changed on my end so I would just like to confirm this before proceeding with the wholesale supplier coming out.

Thank you
Matt

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:37 pm

MatthewC wrote:Hello

I have received your email that the wholesale supplier believes everything is working correctly. Before I proceed I just want to make sure there definitely isn't a problem at Exetel's end. Previously when I have gone over my limit the service hasn't reset correctly, nothing has changed on my end so I would just like to confirm this before proceeding with the wholesale supplier coming out.

Thank you
Matt
Hi Matt,

I have double checked and no known issues from Exetel end. Please reply back to the last email on ticket ref# 9935856.

johnhennessy

Post by johnhennessy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Welcome to the Exetel merry go round Matt.
John Hennessy
10yr member in September

devindag
Exetel Staff

Post by devindag » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:46 pm

johnhennessy wrote:Welcome to the Exetel merry go round Matt.
If you are having any issues with your Exetel service, kindly email us the details to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au so that we could look in to this.

MatthewC

Post by MatthewC » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:33 pm

So the wholesale supplier technician has been out, the results shows that it's not a problem on the wholesale suppliers end or mine but Exetel. Once you receive the results from the wholesale supplier I'd be interested to hear what the problem was. I'll be glad once the problem is sorted and I'm actually able to use my internet connection. This has been a bit of a joke to go through all of this and to take time off work to get it sorted and to hear that it's a problem on Exetel's end after all this..

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:32 am

MatthewC wrote:So the wholesale supplier technician has been out, the results shows that it's not a problem on the wholesale suppliers end or mine but Exetel. Once you receive the results from the wholesale supplier I'd be interested to hear what the problem was. I'll be glad once the problem is sorted and I'm actually able to use my internet connection. This has been a bit of a joke to go through all of this and to take time off work to get it sorted and to hear that it's a problem on Exetel's end after all this..
This has been escalated with our senior network engineers. We will update you as soon as we receive their update. Exetel ref 9952070.

johnhennessy

Post by johnhennessy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:45 am

Good luck getting Exetel to admit that they have a problem. the best they could do for me was to suggest that I find a new ISP! I am still getting half the speed that I am paying for. They do not care.
John Hennessy
10yr member in September

MatthewC

Post by MatthewC » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:25 pm

johnhennessy wrote:Good luck getting Exetel to admit that they have a problem. the best they could do for me was to suggest that I find a new ISP! I am still getting half the speed that I am paying for. They do not care.
Hi John

Exetel are not unreasonable, I'm sure if you wanted to leave they would help you if you were still in contract since you aren't receiving the speed you're paying for. If the fault is with NBN or a wholesale supplier there will be little they can do apart from wait.

The tech that came out to me checked the speed with other suppliers which confirmed the problem was on Exetel's end. I find their customer service very good and quick. You need to remember they're here to help. Exetel support has always been quick but not all problems (like my current one) can be solved quickly or directly by the person helping. I suggest you hang in there if you are receiving help.If you're still not receiving help I suggest you would then make an official complaint or speak to a communications ombudsmen / consumer affairs.

Rather then spamming the forum with a copy a paste complaint though I suggest you do something about the issue then fill a forum intended for support with whining. If you want to do that I suggest the Whirlpool forums. :wink:

johnhennessy

Post by johnhennessy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:35 pm

No copy and paste spamming mate. Just a poor soul who has been a satisfied Exetel customer for over ten years until the last six months. I have been given the run around by exetel who have been extremely unhelpful and dismissive. You will now have no further sympathy from me, I just hope that you are treated better than I was. Good luck.
John Hennessy
10yr member in September

MatthewC

Post by MatthewC » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi

I've run a test yesterday at about 5:30pm and today again and the speed seems to be back to normal. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it drops again at all today.

Thanks
Matt

Nathanael S
Exetel Staff

Post by Nathanael S » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:30 pm

MatthewC wrote:Hi

I've run a test yesterday at about 5:30pm and today again and the speed seems to be back to normal. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it drops again at all today.

Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt,

Kindly monitor the service for the next 48hrs and let us know via email if anything changes. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Nathan

MatthewC

Post by MatthewC » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Not surprisingly there is another speed problem.

Once again a month where I have gone over my limit, again I purchased additional data and there was no speed increase (this used to be instant). I have monitored the connection since and now that my connection has switched to the next billing month cycle I can confirm there is a speed issue as the connection is still slow AGAIN.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 15938 kbps (1992.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 38803 kbps (4850.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 31 ms
Jitter: 4 ms
14 April 2016 at 6:35:06 PM AEST

Not a coincidence this happens when I have gone over my limit AND purchased additional data. You had no idea what the problem was last time, if you did fix anything you never notified me, I only found out after completing a speed test. I don't think you actually knew what the problem was and if you did you weren't about to admit fault.

I'm normally nice and reasonable about this as you can see from previous problems but after the attitude I received last time (which was basically that you don't give a crap about customers) you now have to deal with someone who is well and truly pissed off and sick of this incompetent crap. There has never been an issue with the connection it has alway been a problem with Exetel.