Procedure for switching ADSL to NBN

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
harryL

Procedure for switching ADSL to NBN

Post by harryL » Fri May 08, 2015 11:45 am

I recently upgraded from ADSL to NBN as it has now become available in my area.

The NBN is now activated and working well (if a bit slow during peak hours).

When I placed my order for NBN I asked that the ADSL service be cancelled after the NBN was operating.

I checked today on the ADSL cancellation - and the ADSL service was still active.

So I was obliged to give notice to cancel today.

I was told it would be disconnected within 48 hours (or so). Good!

But I cannot understand why the "cancellation" email confirmation I received indicates I will be charged until 6 June 2015?

Why have I received the standard "boiler plate" email that applies to typical ADSL service cancellations (where people cancel and leave Exetel)?

Surely where you "upgrade" from ADSL to NBN there is an alternate procedure?

H.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: Procedure for switching ADSL to NBN

Post by remosha » Fri May 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Please disregard the cancellation confirmation sent to you. We'll send you a fresh email with the details.

harryL

Post by harryL » Sat May 09, 2015 10:41 am

remosha wrote:Please disregard the cancellation confirmation sent to you. We'll send you a fresh email with the details.
Thank you.

I have received a new email about the cancellation of my phone number (btw ..it had recently been ported from Exetel).

I have also received a new email about the transfer of existing SMS API services from my old ADSL account to my new NBN account (thank you!).

I was verbally advised and have been confident that the ADSL account will cease operating in the next few days (no problem there - obviously I thought this would be automatic and not require any additional action from me).

But I have not received anything to clarify when the old/previous ADSL account will be closed and what fees will apply.

Note that I raised these matters so that you would consider reviewing your "standard" or "boiler plate" documents when dealing with people who change from ADSL to NBN.

H.

natashaf
Exetel Staff

Post by natashaf » Mon May 11, 2015 8:40 am

Hi,

A sales representative will get in touch with you regards the cancellation of ADSL.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Natasha