Slow Fibre in Plumpton VIC on Opticomm's network.

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
slingam

Slow Fibre in Plumpton VIC on Opticomm's network.

Post by slingam » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:08 am

I have been experiencing very slow speeds on my 25/5 fibre plan since i signed up. Carried out a number of speed tests at different times. Discovered that around 7pm onwards the speeds drop drastically. Last night I ran speed test every 10 mins from 7-11pm. the highest speed I got was around 9Mbps. In the morning ran the same tests from 6.30-8am. was getting near perfect speeds between 22-25Mbps. Obviously Exetel/Opticomm is not coping at night. have already logged this with Exetel couple of days ago. Not holding my breath for a definitive response.

Anybody else out there with similar issue. I will keep agitating until I get a decent response. Opticomm can not hold a monopoly in the area and get away with pathetic service. Knocking on TIO and ACCC doors soon.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: Slow Fibre in Plumpton VIC on Opticomm's network.

Post by angelos » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:23 am

slingam wrote:I have been experiencing very slow speeds on my 25/5 fibre plan since i signed up. Carried out a number of speed tests at different times. Discovered that around 7pm onwards the speeds drop drastically. Last night I ran speed test every 10 mins from 7-11pm. the highest speed I got was around 9Mbps. In the morning ran the same tests from 6.30-8am. was getting near perfect speeds between 22-25Mbps. Obviously Exetel/Opticomm is not coping at night. have already logged this with Exetel couple of days ago. Not holding my breath for a definitive response.

Anybody else out there with similar issue. I will keep agitating until I get a decent response. Opticomm can not hold a monopoly in the area and get away with pathetic service. Knocking on TIO and ACCC doors soon.
Please PM your service number so we could look into this further.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:04 pm

PM received.

It appears your case has been escalated to our Supplier for further investigations.

We are still awaiting a response from their end.

Once provided we will let you know further details.

Your reference number is 9199412

slingam

Post by slingam » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:16 pm

can you please provide a response time frame? According to what I have read from other customers in this forum and other forums, Exetel has a poor track record when it comes to timely responses to customer queries.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:01 pm

slingam wrote:can you please provide a response time frame? According to what I have read from other customers in this forum and other forums, Exetel has a poor track record when it comes to timely responses to customer queries.
We will be able to provide you an update as soon as one has been made available as advised.

A definite time frame cannot be provided as it depends on the time taken for the investigations to complete and as such will have to wait till they update us.

shanport

Post by shanport » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:52 pm

@slingam just wondering if this was resolved. Could you provide an update?
I am having the same speed issues in Curlewis, Victoria and have not had any help from exetel as yet. (apart from the generic email reply's)
Thanks, Shannon

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:25 pm

shanport wrote:@slingam just wondering if this was resolved. Could you provide an update?
I am having the same speed issues in Curlewis, Victoria and have not had any help from exetel as yet. (apart from the generic email reply's)
Thanks, Shannon
Hi Shannon,
Please refer https://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.p ... 46#p318446