NBN Wireless Droputs (again)

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
u9026a

NBN Wireless Droputs (again)

Post by u9026a » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Today at 2PM, Bonville NSW, my NBN modem showed an antenna solid red light for about 2 hours then it came back to life at 4PM. Then dropped 5 minutes later and now appears to be back online.

Is this an NBN issue or is my antenna about to cark itself? Can't see any outages on the forum.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: NBN Wireless Droputs (again)

Post by angelos » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:16 pm

u9026a wrote:Today at 2PM, Bonville NSW, my NBN modem showed an antenna solid red light for about 2 hours then it came back to life at 4PM. Then dropped 5 minutes later and now appears to be back online.

Is this an NBN issue or is my antenna about to cark itself? Can't see any outages on the forum.
No reported network outages have been seen. This could be an isolated incident.

We can see that this service is currently online. Please continue to monitor the service and let us know how it goes.

u9026a

Post by u9026a » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:56 am

Had another dropout on Friday for about 5 hours.

Every time my NBN connection drops I have a solid red light showing that there is an issue with the antenna. It is pretty clear that eventually when it dies there will probably be a lengthy delay in fixing the problem (i.e, replacing the antenna). Meanwhile while I wait I am unable to work. Dropouts usually last a few hours.

So does anyone know why the antenna develops these faults? How can it be faulty one minute, then fix itself the next? Is it a software issue and not the hardware? Or does nobody know what's going on with these things? It's pretty obvious that I'm not going to be able to mitigate my downtime while I wait for NBN to replace an antenna and from past experience I could be waiting 2 weeks or more.

Just trying to understand what's going on with this technology.

devindag
Exetel Staff

Post by devindag » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:20 am

u9026a wrote:Had another dropout on Friday for about 5 hours.

Every time my NBN connection drops I have a solid red light showing that there is an issue with the antenna. It is pretty clear that eventually when it dies there will probably be a lengthy delay in fixing the problem (i.e, replacing the antenna). Meanwhile while I wait I am unable to work. Dropouts usually last a few hours.

So does anyone know why the antenna develops these faults? How can it be faulty one minute, then fix itself the next? Is it a software issue and not the hardware? Or does nobody know what's going on with these things? It's pretty obvious that I'm not going to be able to mitigate my downtime while I wait for NBN to replace an antenna and from past experience I could be waiting 2 weeks or more.

Just trying to understand what's going on with this technology.
No reported network outages have been seen. This could be an isolated incident.

Please PM me your service number / Customer ID so that we could look in to this further