Abysmal speeds on Fibre - South Brisbane

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Chriski

Abysmal speeds on Fibre - South Brisbane

Post by Chriski » Sun May 29, 2016 6:00 pm

The speed results for my 25/5 connection. This begins around 4:00 PM everyday. This is an absolute joke, and something I've tried mentioning in the past without any sort of change. I'm now at the stage that I will be contacting the TIO and also looking at alternative providers. I've been with Exetel for over 2 years now and this has been ongoing for way too long.

kasunr
Exetel Staff

Re: Abysmal speeds on Fibre - South Brisbane

Post by kasunr » Sun May 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi Chris,
We have sent you an email to the nominated email address via ticket id : 10339986. Kindly reply back to the email to investigate the issue further.

Chriski

Post by Chriski » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:46 pm

I have now lodged a complaint with the TIO due receiving no acknowledgement or response to the requested test information.

Exetel's service has been pathetic and I have had enough after suffering these abysmal speeds for over a year now.

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Post by Kaushalya » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:35 pm

Chriski wrote:I have now lodged a complaint with the TIO due receiving no acknowledgement or response to the requested test information.

Exetel's service has been pathetic and I have had enough after suffering these abysmal speeds for over a year now.
We are currently investigating this matter with our supplier. Please refer to the email we sent you today.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Chriski

Post by Chriski » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Amazingly, after having a good speed (around 24-27Mbps) for the week or 2 of having a complaint in place with your team, as soon as the complaint and service ticket was closed, my speed has dropped down to the 9 Mbps mark again. This is infuriating and I really doubt your excuse that you used is true. What must people do to get a good service? I'll definitely be looking at taking my business elsewhere, along with updating my TIO Case manager!

Sumudu D
Exetel Staff

Post by Sumudu D » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi Chris,
Chriski wrote:Amazingly, after having a good speed (around 24-27Mbps) for the week or 2 of having a complaint in place with your team, as soon as the complaint and service ticket was closed, my speed has dropped down to the 9 Mbps mark again. This is infuriating and I really doubt your excuse that you used is true. What must people do to get a good service? I'll definitely be looking at taking my business elsewhere, along with updating my TIO Case manager!

Exetel apologize for the inconvenience caused to you on this issue.

We have sent you an email to the nominated email address via ticket id : 10339986. Kindly reply back to the email to investigate the issue further.

Cheers :)

Chriski

Post by Chriski » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:41 pm

This is a speed test of my friend who lives just 1 street away. Same estate. Same private Fibre company. Different ISP (iiNet).

My speed was exactly like that for all of a week when I was in talks with the TIO and your 'Engineers'. Then mysteriously, when you did not hear from me, and it was labeled as 'fixed', the speeds dropped to this (taken tonight):

I'm happy to say however that I will be changing providers, and have already placed an order to switch to iiNet, so I cannot wait for the new connection to be setup so I can rid myself of this sad excuse of an Internet provider!

Sumudu D
Exetel Staff

Post by Sumudu D » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi Chris,

Exetel apologize for the inconvenience caused to you on this issue.

We would be much obliged if you could share the test results requested on the email sent. As this would help the supplier drive their investigation on the correct path. Kindly note that these test results defined under the minimum requirements to lodge a fault with them.

Although we have lodged the fault without these information they would not continue rest of the investigation till these information provided.

We would wait till you share the necessary information to continue with the investigation.

cheers.. :)