Slow every evening

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
shanport

Re: Slow every evening

Post by shanport » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:22 am

Hello,

This issue was reported to you on the 3rd october and has been with the wholesale supplier since the 6th October. It is no longer acceptable to keep replying with the advice, it is under investigation. Time is up. Please take action with supplier to resolve.

I have also contacted Opticomm asking for advice on this issue.

I request you provide a resolution, or at minimum detail the issue and what is being done to resolve.

Thanks, Shannon :(

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:11 pm

shanport wrote:Hello,

This issue was reported to you on the 3rd october and has been with the wholesale supplier since the 6th October. It is no longer acceptable to keep replying with the advice, it is under investigation. Time is up. Please take action with supplier to resolve.

I have also contacted Opticomm asking for advice on this issue.

I request you provide a resolution, or at minimum detail the issue and what is being done to resolve.

Thanks, Shannon :(
Hi Shannon,

We understand and apologies for the delay taking from the supplier network team in their investigations. Ususally this is not common as they provide resolutions ASAP. However it can be a major issue as to why it has taken a longer time than expected. No minimum details have provided and we are periodically following up this to find a resolution.

shanport

Post by shanport » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:23 am

Hello,

Have you had reports of this issue happening to other Exetel users in the Curlewis Estate using Opticomm?

After the issue being with the supplier for so long why havent they needed to come and physically check the service? Wouldn't it be resolved faster to reach a resolution if a technician was to come on site,over a week ago you said they would?

Regards. Shannon

shanport

Post by shanport » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Hello,

This morning I also raised this query with the Supplier (opticomm) and they have responded with;
Hi Shannon,
I have asked for assistance from the manager at Exetel to assist you.
I’m just waiting for him to respond, so once I hear back, we will be in contact.
Thank you.

*"name and contact details removed"* | Customer Relations Manager | OptiComm Co Pty
Regards,
Shannon :)

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:50 pm

This morning I also raised this query with the Supplier (opticomm) and they have responded with;
Hi Shannon,
I have asked for assistance from the manager at Exetel to assist you.
I’m just waiting for him to respond, so once I hear back, we will be in contact.
Thank you.

*"name and contact details removed"* | Customer Relations Manager | OptiComm Co Pty
Regards,
Shannon :)
Hi Shannon,
At this moment when we check and call to the supplier, latest update is issue has escalated to their level 3 network engineers and it is under the testing. Yes, as you said we have received an email from their management attached with your email sent, where they have requested some assistance from Exetel. Since the issue is daily followed up by Exetel and currently with their level 3, I have replied them back confirming the status and requesting their assistance to investigate and resolve your service issue ASAP. We will update you accordingly.

shanport

Post by shanport » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:30 pm

Hello Exetel,

I have received the following from the supplier (opticomm);
Hi Shannon,

Thank-you for bringing to our attention the issue with your service, however by law we are not permitted to assist you in this matter. Opticomm has a wholesale arrangement with your Retail Service Provider which has clearly defined rules backed by federal legislation which prevents us from discuss any service issues with you.

We appreciate you wish to have your problem resolved as soon as possible but our advice is you go back to your service provider and escalate the matter with them and ensure they follow your issue through to a resolution.

If you are not receiving the required response from your Retail Service Provider your option is to raise the matter with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.
Do you agree with the supplier, that i should raise this matter with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman? As you have not been of much assistance it appears my only option, please advise your thoughts.

Regards,
Shannon

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:08 pm

shanport wrote:Hello Exetel,

I have received the following from the supplier (opticomm);
Hi Shannon,

Thank-you for bringing to our attention the issue with your service, however by law we are not permitted to assist you in this matter. Opticomm has a wholesale arrangement with your Retail Service Provider which has clearly defined rules backed by federal legislation which prevents us from discuss any service issues with you.

We appreciate you wish to have your problem resolved as soon as possible but our advice is you go back to your service provider and escalate the matter with them and ensure they follow your issue through to a resolution.

If you are not receiving the required response from your Retail Service Provider your option is to raise the matter with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.
Do you agree with the supplier, that i should raise this matter with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman? As you have not been of much assistance it appears my only option, please advise your thoughts.

Regards,
Shannon
Hi Shannon,

Finally we have received an update by them and that has been emailed to you via the ticket ref# 10780730. Please check the service and reply back to the same email if further assistance required as the service issue is still open by them.

shanport

Post by shanport » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Hello,

I have done a speedtest and received a speed of 41Mbps down and 38Mbps up. This test was performed at 12:38PM will try to do another test this evening.

It does not appear the changes have made any improvement to the service.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5735073548

It is disappointing the supplier has made changes but hasn't informed you of what. Is this normal?

Regards, Shannon

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:39 pm

I have done a speedtest and received a speed of 41Mbps down and 38Mbps up. This test was performed at 12:38PM will try to do another test this evening.

It does not appear the changes have made any improvement to the service.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5735073548

It is disappointing the supplier has made changes but hasn't informed you of what. Is this normal?

Regards, Shannon
Hi Shannon,

Kindly test your service again in the evening and let us know the outcome.

However we have updated our supplier with your test results to proceed with further investigations.

We do apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

shanport

Post by shanport » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:36 pm

Hello,

Just tested speed is not much better, also being a weekend it is normally better than weekday nights.

Here are the results

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5738157608

Regards,
Shannon

michaeld
Exetel Staff

Post by michaeld » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:11 am

Just tested speed is not much better, also being a weekend it is normally better than weekday nights.

Here are the results

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5738157608

Regards,
Shannon
Hi Shannon,

we have updated our supplier with your test results to proceed with further investigations.

We do apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

shanport

Post by shanport » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Hello,

Here is tonights test results

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5740560650

Regards,

Shannon

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:03 pm

Here is tonights test results

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5740560650

Regards,

Shannon
Thanks for the speedtest results. Supplier is in the process of arranging a technician. We will update you when they confirmed this.

shanport

Post by shanport » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:53 am

Hello,

Opticomm have called and will be onsite between 12 and 2pm today.

Regards,
Shannon

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:47 pm

Opticomm have called and will be onsite between 12 and 2pm today.

Regards,
Shannon
They have updated us with the closure notes after the tech visit. Service has been proved up to the network boundary point (ONT). Below is the exact update given by the supplier.

"A technician has attended and tested at the ONT and was able to connect at the provisioned speeds. Customer also confirmed the service was working correctly at the time. There was no fault found. A fee for service will charged.

Some obtained results:
www.speedtest.net/my-result/5745745064
www.speedtest.net/my-result/5745733135"