Activation did NOT happen!

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
doggy

Re: Activation did NOT happen!

Post by doggy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi Kavinda,

Thank you. I am pleased with Exetel's good listening but a bit frustrated with your supplier (Optus? NBN?.....)

Thanks,
Dave

doggy

Post by doggy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:07 am

Hi Kavinda,
Netcomm modem has been connected to the line since 0800 and will remain connected until 1700 today.
I have set it to VDSL only as otherwise it syncs with the old ADSL2+ service.
I am sending the same notification by email with the latest ticket #.
Regards,
Dave

doggy

Post by doggy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi Exetel,
How is this going?
My ADSL has been disconnected and the VDSL modem connected for five hours now.
No evidence of any activity, other than me spending money using my 3G dongle.

David

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:42 pm

doggy wrote:Hi Exetel,
How is this going?
My ADSL has been disconnected and the VDSL modem connected for five hours now.
No evidence of any activity, other than me spending money using my 3G dongle.

David
Hi David, Still we are keeping our eyes open with your service issue to get an update. I have now escalated this to the Optus Management requesting a speedy resolution.

doggy

This has become ridiculous.

Post by doggy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Okay, I have removed the VDSL modem from the line. It was on there for just over nine and a half hours. I have been here all day (again).

What has changed? NOTHING!

The POTS service is still connected, there is still dial-tone, there is still 50VDC on the line, the original Exetel ADSL2+ service is still there and still syncing with the identical line specs that have always been there. There has been no VDSL all day.

So, my Service is STILL not jumpered to the node.

Did your supplier visit the pillar to check the jumpering?
What have they done?
What are they doing?

It should be such a simple task to visit the pillar, find the CORRECT pair from my house and jumper to the node. OR, if something was already jumpered, find out where it went wrong and fix it.

It is now thirty one days since I received the order acknowledgement and seven days since I reported the failed activation.

I manage three other ADSL2+ services, two of them with Exetel and one with TPG. Depending on how this one went, I was then going to start on the next one (a few streets away). But the way it is going, I am seriously considering finding another provider that does NOT use Optus because otherwise it is potentially just too hard. I realise it is your supplier causing the problem and not Exetel itself, but Optus has to improve significantly and maybe Exetel has to find a way to spur them into faster action.

David
Last edited by doggy on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: This has become ridiculous.

Post by KavindaS » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:58 pm

doggy wrote:
It should be such a simple task to visit the pillar, find the CORRECT pair from my house and jumper to the node. OR, if something was already jumpered, find out where it went wrong and fix it.

David
Hi David,

After the management escalate I have made with the Optus, they have confirmed replying me that they have escalated the fault with the access provider.

They will provide an update ASAP. I will let you know by then.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: This has become ridiculous.

Post by KavindaS » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:10 pm

KavindaS wrote:
doggy wrote:

David
Hi David,

After the management escalate I have made with the Optus, they have confirmed replying me that they have escalated the fault with the access provider.

They will provide an update ASAP. I will let you know by then.
Hi David,
Finally I have received the technician appointment confirmation and I have emailed you and SMS you the details. If you require a change to the scheduled date and times, please contact Exetel as soon as possible. Phone: 0280301000 / 1300788141 Select Option #2. Ref No 10904543

doggy

Post by doggy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi Kavinda,
Thank you very much.
That arrangement is good and I will remain here all day.
I am sure he will find the issue and rectify it quite easily.
Many thanks,
Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:55 pm

doggy wrote: I am sure he will find the issue and rectify it quite easily.
Dave
Hi Dave,
I have sent a reminder to their management, explaining the nature of fault. Hopefully this will be fixed during the scheduled appointment.

doggy

Post by doggy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi Kavinda,

Thank you. Also, on the previous several occasions when Optus techs have come to fix line faults, I have found them reasonable and knowledgeable and competent. Last time, they had to climb more than six poles out in the street to find and fix the fault, but they remained cheerful and competent.

So, if they have any questions, I am sure we can collectively achieve a resolution. It should be much easier for them than finding broken pairs up the top of poles. They will probably just put a buzzer on the line in my house and then go to the pillar, identify the pair and jumper it to the correct place.

Regards,
Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:09 pm

doggy wrote:Hi Kavinda,

Thank you. Also, on the previous several occasions when Optus techs have come to fix line faults, I have found them reasonable and knowledgeable and competent. Last time, they had to climb more than six poles out in the street to find and fix the fault, but they remained cheerful and competent.

So, if they have any questions, I am sure we can collectively achieve a resolution. It should be much easier for them than finding broken pairs up the top of poles. They will probably just put a buzzer on the line in my house and then go to the pillar, identify the pair and jumper it to the correct place.

Regards,
Dave
This is noted. All I have done is, given your mobile number to pass it with the technician who is going to attend, so he can contact you anytime if further information requires on or before the time frame.

doggy

Post by doggy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:03 pm

Finally, activation has happened.
The technician arrived, put a buzzer on the line, visited the Pillar and discovered that indeed (as I have been saying all along) the pair was incorrectly jumpered. The original technician was 18 pairs out! For anyone else having the same problem in the future, if you still have your landline, dialtone, 50 volts, original ADSL sync and connection then they have NOT jumpered you at all. The only exception to this is some rare and special situations where a provider can give you FTTN and also pass-through your PSTN line. This will not be the case with normal Exetel FTTN connections.

Thank you to the Exetel support team which has listened well and also has done the right things throughout very responsively. The reaction time of Exetel's providers has been a little slower than I would have liked but Exetel has kept the pressure on them and communicated well throughout.

I have emailed "Exetel Provisioning" re the next steps, some of which are:

- Fix my billing because I have been charged from the original date, which was never achieved.
- Finalise the porting of my landline number (which is with Extetel/Optus) to VOIP and send me the VOIP details.
- Cancel the previous ADSL2+ account
- A couple of other relevant things which are not of interest to readers of this thread.

The reference number for these things is ref 10808716.

Fortunately, the other tickets relating to the faulty non-activation can now be closed.

By the way, sync and SNR etc are good (verified with the tech) and I could almost certainly get 50Mbps down. I shall ponder whether to perhaps go for 100/40 to enable that.

Speedtests at the moment (middle of the day) are excellent.

Regards & Thanks,
Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:34 pm

doggy wrote:Finally, activation has happened.
The technician arrived, put a buzzer on the line, visited the Pillar and discovered that indeed (as I have been saying all along) the pair was incorrectly jumpered. The original technician was 18 pairs out! For anyone else having the same problem in the future, if you still have your landline, dialtone, 50 volts, original ADSL sync and connection then they have NOT jumpered you at all. The only exception to this is some rare and special situations where a provider can give you FTTN and also pass-through your PSTN line. This will not be the case with normal Exetel FTTN connections.

Thank you to the Exetel support team which has listened well and also has done the right things throughout very responsively. The reaction time of Exetel's providers has been a little slower than I would have liked but Exetel has kept the pressure on them and communicated well throughout.

I have emailed "Exetel Provisioning" re the next steps, some of which are:

- Fix my billing because I have been charged from the original date, which was never achieved.
- Finalise the porting of my landline number (which is with Extetel/Optus) to VOIP and send me the VOIP details.
- Cancel the previous ADSL2+ account
- A couple of other relevant things which are not of interest to readers of this thread.

The reference number for these things is ref 10808716.

Fortunately, the other tickets relating to the faulty non-activation can now be closed.

By the way, sync and SNR etc are good (verified with the tech) and I could almost certainly get 50Mbps down. I shall ponder whether to perhaps go for 100/40 to enable that.

Speedtests at the moment (middle of the day) are excellent.

Regards & Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Finally a good news after the technician visit as I have expected too. I will gather all information from the supplier restore notes and also refer all previous communicated tickets. Once done I will communicate via the same respective ticket and confirm to you with the detailed information of your all inquiries.

doggy

Post by doggy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi Kavinda,
Many thanks,
Dave
PS- now I am going to start ordering for a second site nearby.
Hopefully the Cable Records there will be in good shape!