Number still not ported

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Post Reply
doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Number still not ported

Post by doggy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 pm

It is now 13 days since activation and my land line number has still not been ported to VOIP. (The activation itself was delayed 12 days because the jumpering at the pillar was wrong).

Last i heard was that Optus was having problems and that the situation was escalated. I was promised am update last Friday but nothing. The landline was/is with Exetel (ie Optus).

My request to divert the landline number to another number has not been answered.

Medical people, shops, friends just get endless ring tone when they try to ring. This is very frustrating and annoying.

When will this be resolved?

I have lodged an application to transition another Adsl service to FTTN but am not looking forward to the process and it had better go better than my first experience.

It is 7 weeks since my first application went in. On top of that, I was incorrectly billed from the activation date which did not happen rather than the real date and that is also not corrected yet.

Regards,
Dave

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2311
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Number still not ported

Post by KavindaS » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:42 pm

doggy wrote:It is now 13 days since activation and my land line number has still not been ported to VOIP. (The activation itself was delayed 12 days because the jumpering at the pillar was wrong).

Last i heard was that Optus was having problems and that the situation was escalated. I was promised am update last Friday but nothing. The landline was/is with Exetel (ie Optus).

My request to divert the landline number to another number has not been answered.

Medical people, shops, friends just get endless ring tone when they try to ring. This is very frustrating and annoying.

When will this be resolved?

I have lodged an application to transition another Adsl service to FTTN but am not looking forward to the process and it had better go better than my first experience.

It is 7 weeks since my first application went in. On top of that, I was incorrectly billed from the activation date which did not happen rather than the real date and that is also not corrected yet.

Regards,
Dave
Hi David,

You have posted this while I am replying to your PM. I have detailed in that and a colleague from the Provisioning department is currently looking in to your request made via the email ticket 10967413. They will update you via the same ticket.

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Number still not ported

Post by doggy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi Kavinda and Exetel,

It is now THREE WEEKS and still my number is not ported.
Also, no response to my request to divert the number while I wait for the VOIP.
Also, no response to my email (to provisioning) on the ticket last week.

To make it more incredible, I submitted an Exetel NBN request for another service I manage and I already have the VOIP details for that service well before activation. That is GREAT, but why cannot you do it for my first one where I am very dependent on the number for incoming calls? Clearly it CAN be done, even if you had some problems previously.

I cannot even find out an estimated date for this to be fixed!

Dave

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Number still not ported

Post by doggy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:49 am

Now TWENTY TWO DAYS and I cannot find out anything.
I am beyond annoyed.
Dave

anurangaf
Exetel Staff
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: Number still not ported

Post by anurangaf » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi,

Please note that wholesale supplier is still working on this as they getting an error on the port.

We will follow up this with them and once there's any update from them we will notify you as soon as possible.

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Number still not ported

Post by doggy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Exetel, this is ridiculous.
Over 27days now with no porting and therefore no incoming calls from family, friends, people overseas, doctors.
Last update from provisioning was that they were waiting on an update from their supplier and "would get back to me shortly". Well, it is 15 days since then and no response. Also no response to my ticket updates/questions asking what is going on.
The only response has been on this forum item saying that your supplier gets an error on the porting and you will notify me as soon as possible.

Has this been escalated?

To whom and when?

WHEN will it be completed?

David

anurangaf
Exetel Staff
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: Number still not ported

Post by anurangaf » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi,

Please be advised that currently we are working closely with our wholesale supplier on this issue and we will contact you shortly with an update.

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Number still not ported

Post by doggy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:18 pm

Thank you for the phone call explaining that the Optus/Exetel provider (Optus) of the landline number has (according to the porting organisation) not given the clearance for the porting and that the matter has been escalated and hopefully something will happen soon. Basically, one party says they have sent the clearance and the other party says they have not received it.

Regards,
Dave

86204DV
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:52 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Number still not ported

Post by 86204DV » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:58 pm

You are not alone.

I am waiting since 8 Nov.
the provisioning team is awful.
As I write this, I am on hold now for over 50 min. I know eventually I will get disconnected.

A team leader was contacted and she was not helpful either.

As I talk now the support guy comes back and still check on porting.

Pathetic service.
Really I am hating exetel and its support staff.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2311
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Number still not ported

Post by KavindaS » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:07 pm

86204DV wrote:You are not alone.

I am waiting since 8 Nov.
the provisioning team is awful.
As I write this, I am on hold now for over 50 min. I know eventually I will get disconnected.

A team leader was contacted and she was not helpful either.

As I talk now the support guy comes back and still check on porting.

Pathetic service.
Really I am hating exetel and its support staff.
Can you update here with your current ticket number, then I will check with our support department or the provisioning department, whoever currently working on this. If no ticket number, you may PM me your service number.

86204DV
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:52 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Number still not ported

Post by 86204DV » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:58 pm

ticket number 11042118.
I have logged many tickets. Support staff does not care to respond to tickets (other than automatic reply!) or via phone.
If I call them then usually its 15 min of wait and then anywhere around 30 min of hold time while something is being checked!

I expect not to be charged for service that is not delivered.

Of the two VOIP numbers that I have one works now and then. Most of the time if I call from mobile the VOIP number then "Optus advises the number has been disconnected".

Lets see what response I can get via this Forum.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2311
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Number still not ported

Post by KavindaS » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:53 pm

86204DV wrote:ticket number 11042118.
I have logged many tickets. Support staff does not care to respond to tickets (other than automatic reply!) or via phone.
If I call them then usually its 15 min of wait and then anywhere around 30 min of hold time while something is being checked!

I expect not to be charged for service that is not delivered.

Of the two VOIP numbers that I have one works now and then. Most of the time if I call from mobile the VOIP number then "Optus advises the number has been disconnected".

Lets see what response I can get via this Forum.
Support department have responded to you via the same above mentioned ticket "Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 10:22 pm" . Mean time we have further escalated this with our Level 2 Voip engineers and one of the senior engineers of them have already contacted you. After performing all the tests, we have taken the steps to arrange a replacement modem for you and we will send you detail information via the same email ticket 11042118.

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Number still not ported

Post by doggy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi 86204DV,

You have somewhat hijacked my thread here.

On a better-news front for myself, Exetel has called me each day for the past several days to keep me informed on escalation progress and the good news is that Optus has released my number and the porting should be completed either Monday or Tuesday. That will be five weeks without my incoming calls but I am very happy that the matter is close to final resolution.

Thanks Exetel for persevering and keeping me informed.

I am not sure what went wrong, but it seems to have been Optus. Strangely, on another service I manage, identical scenario (Optus/Exetel number), the porting happened before Activation, which was wonderful. So, downtime of the landline number was only about 30 minutes. I have had ZERO problems with the ported number. However, I use SPA3102 VOIP adaptors (as well as FreePBX) so I do not have to worry about modem vagaries with VOIP.

Regards,
Dave

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Number ported!

Post by doggy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:50 pm

HOORAY!

After 35days and a few hours, my landline number has been ported and the VOIP is working fine!

Thanks Exetel for getting this done. I must say that it has been an exasperating time, but for the past week+ I have been phoned every day with status updates and you have probably also been very frustrated trying to make this happen. It has been particularly strange as I was just going from Exetel-(Optus) phone to Exetel VOIP. So, it was an "in house" port rather than coming from a competitor.

Hopefully this is a rarity. I am porting another account to NBN and received the VOIP details early and everything went perfectly smoothly with only 10minutes downtime of the landline number. Here is hoping 99.9% of them work like that.

Cheers and thanks and Happy Christmas to all who were involved.

Dave

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2311
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Number ported!

Post by KavindaS » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:05 pm

doggy wrote:HOORAY!

After 35days and a few hours, my landline number has been ported and the VOIP is working fine!

Thanks Exetel for getting this done. I must say that it has been an exasperating time, but for the past week+ I have been phoned every day with status updates and you have probably also been very frustrated trying to make this happen. It has been particularly strange as I was just going from Exetel-(Optus) phone to Exetel VOIP. So, it was an "in house" port rather than coming from a competitor.

Hopefully this is a rarity. I am porting another account to NBN and received the VOIP details early and everything went perfectly smoothly with only 10minutes downtime of the landline number. Here is hoping 99.9% of them work like that.

Cheers and thanks and Happy Christmas to all who were involved.

Dave
Hi Dave,

This is moare than a happy news for Exetel in addition to the previous FTTN activation issue we have followed up. We wish you a very Happy Christmas you. :D

Post Reply