Fibre constantly dropping out and poor speed

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Chriski

Fibre constantly dropping out and poor speed

Post by Chriski » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:10 pm

I find myself once again on this forum, reporting an issue with my connection.

Last night I came home from work with no working internet. I had to tether my phone just to get online.

I just performed a speed test, and this is he result on a 100/40 connection (not it only got half way through before dropping out. As you can see from the graph the speed rapidly declined, however it only started at 9mbps).

Please explain? Or shall I go to the TIO to try and get this resolved. As it stands, I now have to tether my phone to my computer just to do my Uni work on my day off. Not impressed in the slightest.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Fibre constantly dropping out and poor speed

Post by KavindaS » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Chriski wrote:I find myself once again on this forum, reporting an issue with my connection.

Last night I came home from work with no working internet. I had to tether my phone just to get online.

I just performed a speed test, and this is he result on a 100/40 connection (not it only got half way through before dropping out. As you can see from the graph the speed rapidly declined, however it only started at 9mbps).

Please explain? Or shall I go to the TIO to try and get this resolved. As it stands, I now have to tether my phone to my computer just to do my Uni work on my day off. Not impressed in the slightest.
Speeds you are achieving now is certainly not within the acceptable parameters. PM me your service number and I will look in to this with high priority.

Chriski

Post by Chriski » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Pm sent

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:02 am

Chriski wrote:Pm sent
Thanks PM received. We will check and update you via a ticket 11062882.

Chriski

Post by Chriski » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:34 am

How exactly can I view this ticket? Once again, needing to tether my phone due to the internet just timing out...

Nathanael S
Exetel Staff

Post by Nathanael S » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:04 pm

Chriski wrote:How exactly can I view this ticket? Once again, needing to tether my phone due to the internet just timing out...
The ticket number is only for your reference, for when you contact us. One of my colleagues will be contacting you to assist you shortly.