Why is my new NBN slower than my ADSL?

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
Fr33

Post by Fr33 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:14 am

I switched from ADSL to NBN VDSL (25/5 BOOST) and my DL speed is not even half as good as what my ADSL speed was.

While on ADSL I was getting a solid 14 Mbps and now I am only getting 6 Mbps if I am lucky and I am paying for 25 Mbps.

I notice that in the wee hours my speed got up to 18 Mpbs so I am thinking there is not enough bandwidth (over subscribed) to supply me with the 25/5 I have signed up for?

My copper to the street tested clean.

Can someone please correct this.

Please assist.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Why is my new NBN slower than my ADSL?

Post by KavindaS » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Fr33 wrote:Why is my new NBN slower than my ADSL?

I switched from ADSL to NBN VDSL (25/5 BOOST) and my DL speed is not even half as good as what my ADSL speed was.

While on ADSL I was getting a solid 14 Mbps and now I am only getting 6 Mbps if I am lucky and I am paying for 25 Mbps.

I notice that in the wee hours my speed got up to 18 Mpbs so I am thinking there is not enough bandwidth (over subscribed) to supply me with the 25/5 I have signed up for?

My copper to the street tested clean.

Can someone please correct this.

Please assist.
Based on what you have mentioned about the speed results, this seems to be a time specified issue. Therefore we need to check if this has anything to do with a network related issue. We need further tests to be completed before escalating with the supplier. Reply back to the email we send via the ticket 11073355 including the test results.

Fr33

Re: Why is my new NBN slower than my ADSL?

Post by Fr33 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:18 am

Thank you very much KavindaS will do ASAP.