When do we get the modem?

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
kyteflyer

When do we get the modem?

Post by kyteflyer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:28 pm

I have been sent an email with an "appointment" for NBN connection on March 1st. I have not been informed about when the modem will arrive.

Will I be informed of its imminent arrival or will I just have to hope to be home in order to receive it?

[edit] Also, who is this "upstream provider" referred to in the email. Or is it a generic email regardless of whether its VDSL or ADSL. Does Exetel buy direct from NBNCo or are we to be afflicted with going through a third party?

And, if I wanted to change my mind at this stage, to whom should I speak/communicate?

natashaf
Exetel Staff

Re: When do we get the modem?

Post by natashaf » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi,

If the appointment date is being given, the modem will be delivered to you in approx. 3-5 business days. However, I could do a specific check if you PM the customer ID or the service number for the service.

Since it is being sent through a courier company, it is required to sign a confirmation when you receive the modem.

I could only confirm the network supplier once checking your account details.

If you change your mind and do not wish to go ahead, you can withdraw the order. However if an activation date has been scheduled you would need to provide three clear business days for the withdrawal

Regards
Natasha

kyteflyer

Re: When do we get the modem?

Post by kyteflyer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:38 am

Thanks Natasha, I've sent a PM.